Saturday 2 February 2019

The Power of Spoken Words


The Power of Spoken Words
Written by Meg

Tonight, I want to share what makes my weekend very special. I want to thank the Lord for this time that I have the time to write such a remarkable weekend.

I recently got back to work after a sleepless night attending and monitoring my father's condition at the hospital. It was a 24/7 non-stop observing, recording and tracking my patient's condition. There was a point that I thought my father would give up but with the power of spoken words, prayers and encouragement, he did survive.

I always stayed at his side during his worst condition especially on the 24th of January (5 am) where he breathes difficultly, his hands were so pale, cold and hardening, his vision turning darker and he sweats as cold as ice. I can't help but cry out loud and begging God for one more chance as I repeatedly say "In Jesus Name..." many times while holding his left hand and right shoulder. I wanted to make him feel that I am still there. I thank God for the courage and strength He provided me during those trying times. I then realized that my mother was not that strong enough to see him suffering. She was fearful, continuously crying outside and praying after calling the medical team.

The nurses and doctor came in and gave my father immediate aid to sustain his life. The oxygen sets into 5, added some nebulizer and RBS to some extent. It was indeed successful that he gained more consciousness. Thank God for a relief although the battle is not yet over. I saw his condition worsening not until another doctor of pulmonologist came in to recommend a higher dosage of antibiotic.

It was indeed a relief to see him asleep for two straight hours. He suddenly awake and craving to eat. Finally, it seems that his appetite begins to set-in. His cough I seldom heard, a good sign that the cough syrup medicine he took was working well. To ensure he eats well, I recorded every food he intakes as well as the time. For a person taking a higher dose of antibiotic, it requires him to eat more often knowing that he's appetite was not fully recovered otherwise, his system will be more weaken and feel so exhausted.

As the days went by, I see the progress of recovery and healing. Members of the family and relatives came again to visit and support us. Prayers are continuously overflowing and felt by the heart.

Looking back in 2008, my father was diagnosed with emphysema and his former doctor advised us that he has only three years to live. With the grace and mercy of God, he is still alive until now. 

Finally, I believe there is a power of spoken words, prayers and encouragement. There is always hope in the name of Jesus Christ; a hope that never disappoints (Romans 5:5). Above all, I want to praise God in good times and in bad times because in both times my faith was tested and renewed once more. This is my living TESTimony by the power and in the name of Jesus Christ.  To God be all the glory and praise.💖




No comments:

Post a Comment