Tuesday 15 July 2014

What follows “I Am”?

Today's Word with Joel and Victoria
Like Us On FacebookWatch Us On YouTubeFollow Victoria On TwitterFollow Joel On Twitter
What follows “I Am”?
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“You will also declare a thing, and it will be established for you...”
(Job 22:28, NKJV)
TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
Have you ever considered the power of the statement, “I am”? What follows these two simple words will determine what kind of life you live. “I am blessed. I am strong. I am healthy.” Or, “I am slow. I am unattractive. I am stupid.” The “I am’s” that are coming out of your mouth will bring either success or failure. All through the day the power of “I am” is at work in our minds. Many times we use the power of “I am” against us. We don’t realize how it’s affecting our future.
Here’s the principle. What follows the “I am” will always come looking for you. The good news is that you get to choose what follows the “I am.” When you go through the day saying, “I am blessed,” blessings come looking for you. “I am talented.” Talent comes looking for you. You may not feel up to par but when you say, “I am healthy,” health starts heading your way. “I am strong.” Strength starts tracking you down. You’re inviting that into your life. Get up in the morning and invite good things into your life. Declare “I am blessed. I am strong. I am talented. I am disciplined. I am focused. I am prosperous.” And always make sure God’s truth follows “I am”!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, today I declare what You say about me. I am strong; I am bold; I am equipped; I am overcoming! I align my thoughts with Your thoughts and my words with Your words. Thank You for leading me into victory all of the days of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

How Do You Strengthen Your Friends’ Faith?

BY RICK WARREN — JULY 14, 2014
devotional-when-youre-hoping-for-a-miracle-series
“I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” (Psalm 27:13 NASB)
A divorce or any other major crisis in your life will shake your faith. But it is your faith and your trust in Christ that’s going to get you through it. David, after suffering great loss, including the loss of a child, wrote in Psalm 27:13, “I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living” (NASB). He would have given up if he hadn’t believed in the goodness of God.
Even in those situations where life stinks and it seems dark, believe that God is a good God. Even when everything is going wrong in your life, believe in the goodness of God that can pull you through. Believe that God’s plan for your life is greater than the problem you’re going through. Then, you can also share your faith in God’s goodness with your friends when they are going through a crisis. Friends strengthen their friends’ faith.
How do you get that kind of faith?
The Bible tells us there’s only one place to strengthen your faith. Faith comes from knowing the Word of God.
If you know the Bible well, you’re going to have great faith. If you know this book a little, you’re going to have a little faith. If you don’t know this book at all, you’re not going to have any faith.
Did you know that in the Bible there are more than 7,000 promises made to you? But you can’t claim them if you don’t know them. If you want to increase your faith so you’re able to handle the rogue winds of life, you’ve got to know the Bible through study, meditation, and memorization.
Talk It Over
  • What can you do to get to know God’s Word better?
  • Find a promise from God that you can claim for yourself in your storm. Find a promise from God that you can claim for a friend. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXywFuTf65I
  • How has God shown his goodness to you over the past year?

No comments:

Post a Comment