Sunday 13 December 2015

Day 2


Written by Meg

 

I read The Purpose Driven Life many years ago, now that I had an e-book copy, it excites me again to re-read it. At first, I was just curious about what’s in it for me in 40 days? If 40 days were so meaningful to other Biblical characters including Jesus, maybe there would be something there for me also.

Recalling what ‘40 days’ did to my life was so amazing. Candidly speaking, God gave me a heart of Gratitude and Selflessness. I profoundly learned more that even though people may hurt us intentionally or unintentionally, there is no point in our hearts to arbour bitterness; it is not good for our health both our hearts and minds.  It takes away our energy and power, more so our happiness.

Our heart is the fountain of our lives. If it is broken, it needs some time to heal and that is normal. Even a simple wound requires time to mend. I realized that the most difficult pain to endure and recover is not the wound that is visible but the most invisible one – the Heart. Our heart is the pumping station of our body and the indicator whether a person is alive or not. Looking deeply, if the heart is not in good shape emotionally, it affects our physical, mental, social and sometimes a tendency for us to be spiritually detach from the source that gives that kind of love – our God.

Since God is the source of Love because God Himself is Love, the only way to mend a broken heart is to let the expert of Love do the mending. Since love in our heart is intangible, the only way to cure the heart if it is not feeling well is also something which cannot be prescribed by an ordinary physician. Since God shaped our hearts, breathe our hearts, mould our hearts, He can easily restore and make it to something new. Fresh. Whole. Flawless without stitches. The question is, are the patients willing to undergo an invisible heart surgery? Are these patients willing to take a daily dose of prayer? A regular exercise of meditation, with a consistent weekly check-up in 40 days?

These were some of the most prescribe routine that I had with the Great Physician in my life. During the healing period, I started to share the blessings I received from reading the Good News everyday through e-mails. The love I felt inside filled me up and it’s overflowing that I cannot even contain. By doing so, the recovery period was amazingly wonderful to bear. The passion and heat inside my heart were burning, afraid to let the feeling fade away. The routine I had become part of life which helped me to sustain the passion I learned to develop. There were times I want to give up but oftentimes, the Good News uphold me to keep on going. It’s not easy but the journey is worth traveling.

Honestly, there’s something in 40 days. A reason why I also challenged myself when I did it, is to know what will happen next. Now that I am in Day 2, I am excited again to know what will be there after? Day 2 Chapter 2 also is one of the most I loved chapters from this book (The Purpose Driven Life’. I hope that like me, you will also be curious to know what’s in it for you after 40 days. That kind of mind set helped me again to be more excited every single day to continue re-reading all the chapters again. The curiosity sparks within my heart to know what God has in store for me. A blessing which is about to unfold next year as I started yesterday. What about you? Are you ready to discover what’s in it for you in 40 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment