Monday 27 August 2018

How to Glorify God

How to Glorify God

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes. Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver. Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.”
Psalm 50:21–23

Billy Bray, the noted English evangelist and preacher of the early 1800s, was saved from a life of drunkenness and sin. In response to the dramatic effect of his conversion, he went everywhere praising God. Bray said, “I can’t help praising God. As I go along the street I lift one foot and it seems to say, ‘Glory!’ and I lift the other, and it seems to say, ‘Amen!’ And they keep on like that all the time I’m walking.”
God delights in hearing the praises and worship of His people. There is nothing that He needs—He is complete in and of Himself, and we cannot add to His wealth or wisdom by anything that we do. Yet He graciously allows us to bring our praise to Him and accepts it as an offering. There are many ways we can glorify God with our lives, but one of the most powerful and most important is to praise Him.
Our praise is important to our own lives, but it also has a powerful impact on those around us. “When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them” (Psalm 126:1–2). When we joyfully declare what God has done for us, we create an eagerness in the hearts of others to learn more about Him.
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
Our culture presents a twisted view of God which we can counter with our honest and heartfelt praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment