Friday 1 November 2019

The Rescuer’s Mindset

PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
The Power of Love
 
CURRENT TV SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
Invisible
 
 
 
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
--Romans 8:18
Not long ago, I was boarding an airplane when I looked up and noticed some very scary looking clouds over us. So I took my seat and the flight attendant began the normal procedures for getting ready to take off. I looked outside again at the clouds… and they weren’t moving.
“Surely,” I thought, “they’re not going to take off with those clouds overhead.” But sure enough, we were airborne within a few minutes, headed straight for those daunting clouds. Rain began to fall and the plane began to shake because of the turbulence as we entered those clouds.
I clutched the armrest for a minute or so when all of a sudden, I saw the sun. Those clouds that looked so scary were now under us and we were flying without a single bump!
That experience reminded me a little of the Christian life. God takes us through dark days when it looks like nothing but clouds. But when we move forward, we discover a new perspective as we place those tough circumstances under our feet and bask in the glow of God’s good pleasure.
Whatever dark clouds are over your head today, push through them. Move onward and upward with God through your difficult days and look forward to the breakthrough ahead!
RISE ABOVE HARD TIMES BY MOVING ONWARD AND UPWARD WITH GOD.

The Rescuer’s Mindset

Friday, November 01, 2019

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.”
1 Corinthians 9:19–22
In September of 2019, US Air Force Sgt. Kenneth O’Brien was on his way from Japan to the United States. O’Brien had been selected to receive the “Outstanding Airmen of the Year” award to recognize his heroism. He had saved the life of a motorist trapped in a burning car while he was stationed in Korea. That incident happened not long after he took part in supporting the effort to rescue the youth soccer team trapped underground in Thailand. During that effort, he also saved the life of a Thai Navy SEAL team member.
On the flight, a young boy started choking and lost consciousness. O’Brien cleared his airway and after about a minute the child began breathing on his own and regained consciousness. He said, “If someone needs to go do something dangerous, I volunteer. If someone needs a leader, I volunteer. I happened to be in the right place at the right time and that’s what helped me stand out because I sought out key positions or responsibilities.” We need a new generation of Christians who are reaching the lost with the gospel even if it means sacrifice. This was the mindset of Jesus, and we need that thinking toward those around us.
Today's Growth Principle: 
We need to be aware of the spiritual condition of those around us and respond to their needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment