Thursday 26 March 2020

Living Like Jesus

“Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD:
though your sins are like scarlet,
            they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
            they shall become like wool.”
--Isaiah 1:18
I heard about a Sunday school class where the teacher said to the children, “Is there anything, boys and girls, God can’t do?” So a little girl raised her hand and said, “Yes, teacher, there’s one thing that God can’t do. He can’t see my sin through the blood of Jesus Christ.”
That little girl was exactly right. Because of the blood of Jesus Christ, all our sins are gone forever. Every single thing I’ve ever done that has been dishonoring to God has been separated from me as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12). And it’s because of that powerful truth that I know I’m saved forever.
Yet, there are those who believe that somehow you or I can sin away our salvation after we’ve truly trusted in Christ – that there is some sin that we could commit or some failure that would cast us away from God.
Oh no, my friend. This is not true because of the simple fact that when Jesus died on the cross, all of our sin was future. And all of our sin is forgiven by the power of the blood of Jesus Christ. If there was one scintilla of sin that was held against you or me, we would be lost forever. But because the blood of Jesus cleanses you from all sin, you can have every confidence you’re safely in His arms!
GOD CAN’T SEE YOUR SIN THROUGH THE BLOOD OF CHRIST. SO LIVE YOUR LIFE WITH EVERY CONFIDENCE THAT IF YOU’RE IN HIM, THAT PRECIOUS GIFT OF SALVATION CAN NEVER BE TAKEN AWAY!

Living Like Jesus
Thursday, March 26, 2020
by Dr. Paul Chappell

“I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.”

1 Corinthians 4:14–16

Robert Chapman was well educated as a child and became a lawyer in London. After his conversion in 1823, however, he became actively involved in church work. After a few years he left the legal profession to become a pastor, and spent nearly seven decades reaching people with the gospel. He lived what he preached, and Charles Spurgeon called him “the saintliest man I know.” Chapman was a great friend and helper of George Mueller in his work with orphans, and called on his people to put their faith into action. Robert Chapman said, “There are many who preach Christ, but not so many who live Christ. My great aim will be to live Christ.”

When Paul wrote to the church at Corinth and told the people to copy his life, he was not boasting or holding himself up as some kind of spiritual giant. His reason for being confident to ask others to follow him was simply that he was a follower of Christ. “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1). Jesus is not just for Sundays at church. He is an example for us to follow every day, and those who know us best should see His principles and priorities on display in our lives.

Though it is not as popular now as it once was, the expression WWJD—what would Jesus do?—is a valid standard by which to guide our actions and decisions. If we love Him as we should and grow to know Him more through Bible reading and prayer, it will be easier for us to see how He would act, and then do the same.



Today's Growth Principle:
It is not in our intentions, but in our actions that we must live like Jesus did.

No comments:

Post a Comment