Sunday 16 June 2013

Daddy’s Girl

Having a father who’s very strict and discipline is not so easy however, it paid off.

I believe that not only mother but father knows best also.  During my tertiary level (1st year college), our uncle visited us for a summer vacation. He was my father’s brother, an active soldier and my favourite uncle. I was able to join their discussion that time and I came to know that my uncle gave something to my father (after I finished my secondary school) a form that I never received. It was an application form from the Philippine Military Academy. I was so surprised yet I have known that it was my father’s decision for me not to pursue it and that’s the reason why I never seen the form.
My uncle’s intention was good considering that being in that academy was free with a monthly allowance. It will really help our father nevertheless, it was our father’s decision for me to stay and never to leave. He didn’t allow me to go to Baguio City which is about six hours from home because for sure, he will definitely miss me.
Years passed by and he finally concluded that he made the right choice for me and passing my board exam also gave him a sense of pride. He was so very proud of himself because whatever my achievement was also his. I believed that it was a natural feeling for a parents to feel that way.
Encouragement from my parents truly helped a lot. Seeing their passion to work hard especially our father gave me a lot of motivation to study well. Sometimes I can see him so tired (from his job) working for more than 24 hours and it really touched my heart. Giving him a good massage (from me) was enough for him to sleep tight.
Since then, I did my best to help our family. Sharing some of my earnings with them truly makes my heart happy and at the same time, I can still save some of it too. Many people say that I’m a blessing well in fact, I'm blessed to have a parents like them in my life. Without their effort, determination and strong will to finish what they had started in me, I will never be as 'me' right now.
And on this father’s day, I would like to thank the Lord for everything. For His generosity in giving and having me a great father like him in our lives. I may not be visible in his sight but rest assured that in my heart, I will always care, love and proud of him forever. =)
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment