Saturday 21 February 2015

Cooking is better =)

Cooking at home is cheaper than buying cooked foods.

I read an article about this topic and I challenge myself if I can prove it.
This menu costs around RM 6.00 and sometimes it varies what restaurant in KL you are in.



As a cook, let me breakdown the cost of a special food like this. We called it ‘pansit’. (Believe me; my mother cooks it so well!)

Ingredients:                          RM
Pansit                                     1.00
Cabbage                               .50  
Carrot                                     .25  
Chicken                                3.00
Onion stalk                             .50

Others:                                    .50
Garlic
Onion
Salt and pepper
Soy sauce
Cooking oil
Calamansi/ limau

Total Sum                             5.75

Optional:
Shrimp                                  3.00
Total Sum                             8.75

With the above ingredients, the cost of RM5.75 can make up to 6 to 7 servings. =)

Conclusion: it’s indeed cost saving and healthy. I can also share some food with my house mates.


Motto: Just cook with passion and serve with love. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment