Monday 2 February 2015

The Man =)

Toni Gonzaga is now Engaged with Her Longtime Boyfriend, Director Paul Soriano

It’s official! Host-actress Toni Gonzaga is now engaged with director Paul Soriano, her boyfriend for more than seven years.


source: abscbn.com

Prior to the biggest announcement, a video of the couple’s love story was shown on “The Buzz”, with Gonzaga’s sister, Alex, narrating how the two met and fell in love.
Highlighting the important events in the couple’s relationship. The two met last 2006 during Gary Valenciano’s concert, which was directed by Soriano. They worked for the first time when Soriano directed Gonzaga’s “Catch Me I’m Falling For You” music video. After almost nine years of courting, exactly July 20, 2007, the director, being the man in the relationship, confirmed on “Boy&Kris” show that they were already together. 

In an exclusive interview on “The Buzz” on Sunday, again Soriano was the one who admitted that they are engaged when Kris Aquino asked about the status of their relationship.
“Yes, we are engaged,” Soriano’s admission.
Least expected by Gonzaga, Soriano revealed that he proposed to her last January 21 in the actress’ family-home in Rizal.
“It was right after her birthday. It was like 12:30 a.m. January 21. We'd just come from a birthday dinner and I had the ring in my pocket the whole dinner. I just wanted to wait for the right private moment. It happened in her home, just very simple. She was in her pantulog already,” he said.
Before asking Gonzaga if she would marry him, Soriano said he first talked to Gonzaga’s parents.

“I was in tears. It was quite an emotional moment. Before we went up to her living room, I had to talk to Tito Bonoy and Tita Pinty and I showed them the ring. I said, ‘Do you mind po if I propose to Toni?’ And her mom was like, ‘Oh it’s about time.’ So that was nice. And the dad looks at me and said, ‘Why are you asking me? Ask her.’ That meant there was that blessing. I wanted to give honor to her parents first. We literally ran into her living room,” he said.

Aside from Gonzaga’s parents, the proposal was also witnessed by the actress’ sister, Alex. Having a hint about what will going to happen, Alex kept on running away when Soriano’s speaking. She only stopped when their father scolded her.

When asked what exactly did he say at that moment, Soriano said: “I just told her family -- I know they are only four -- I said, ‘I’m not here to take her away from you guys. I’m actually here to join you if that’s possible.’ When they hugged, I said this is one of the moments where you just have to cry. I just got down on my knee and I asked her if she will marry me. She said yes. Before I was done, I think halfway through the question pa lang, nag-yes na.”

The singer became emotional when she thanked her soon-to-be husband Paul Soriano for his patience during their seven-year long relationship.

The “Home Sweetie Home” star said Soriano’s unwavering love for her made her realize that she wants him to be the father of her future children.
The two are planning to tie the knot this year.


Kinikilig ako, so happy ! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment