Wednesday 19 July 2017

Christ Overcomes Circumstances

PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
God's Secrets
 
CURRENT TV SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
Unchained
 
 
 
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

--John 14:3

Did you know that God has prepared an eternal home for you? If you‘ve accepted Christ as your Savior, you probably do.

Jesus came to earth, died on the cross, and rose again so that you and I might go to heaven, our eternal home.

As He said in John 14:1-3, “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.”

But God also created a spiritual home on earth for you and me – your church.

Jesus said, “And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” (Matt. 16:18). You and I need to know and experience the fellowship of faith in the family of God known as His Church.  

Maybe you come from a broken home. Or maybe you have a large extended family. Whatever your personal family is like, you can still find strength, love, and encouragement in your local church.
 
Find a church home and get involved!

Christ Overcomes Circumstances

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”
Philippians 4:11–13

So many times people say that they would serve God more—give more, work more, witness more, pray more—if only their circumstances would improve. They believe that it is the difficulties and challenges they face that hold them back. But that is a misunderstanding of God’s plan. Nowhere in Scripture are we promised that things will go smoothly for those who follow Christ, and nowhere do we find hardship offered as an acceptable reason for not serving Him faithfully. In fact, those in Scripture and throughout history who have made the greatest difference for Christ have done so in spite of difficulty.
Certainly it is more pleasant to be full and abound than it is to be hungry and suffer, but God’s grace is sufficient either way, and we have no excuse not to obey and honor Him through our circumstances. Paul was not speaking theoretically when he penned the words in Philippians 4 above. He had experienced trials beyond what most of us can imagine. For Paul, persecution was not having a door slammed in his face while out canvassing, it was being beaten and thrown into prison.
Yet in every circumstance and situation, Paul found that Christ gave him strength to do what was right. He was able to preach in synagogues, open air markets, prison cells, and king’s palaces. The difference was not what was going on around him, but what Paul received from the indwelling Holy Spirit. God has grace and strength available to meet and overcome every trial, and when we access that strength, we will truly be more than conquerors.
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
Neither the world or the devil can stop us from serving and following Christ—only we can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment