Saturday 7 July 2018

The Comfort of God’s Presence

The Comfort of God’s Presence

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.”
Psalm 139:7–10

The evangelist D. L. Moody told of talking to an elderly Christian man. After serving the Lord for many years, his faith was shaken by a series of difficulties with his finances and his health. He described beginning to doubt God’s love for him, and eventually wondering whether he was even a Christian. Then he told Moody, “I began to think what I would do if I ended up in Hell. My first thought was that I would start a prayer meeting—and after that I didn’t worry about being lost any more!”
No one who has trusted Christ and received His free gift of salvation can ever lose it. Jesus said, “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand” (John 10:28–29). There may be times when our fellowship is broken by something we have done or failed to do, but our relationship never changes.
Yet many Christians do not live with the comforting presence of God as a daily reality. They do not draw strength from His Word and do not seek His face in prayer. They do not listen to the guidance of the Holy Spirit or fellowship with other believers around the things of God. That is a very painful way to live, because it forfeits so much peace and comfort that God offers His children.
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
If your confidence is based on God’s presence rather than circumstances, you will experience peace.

PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
The Source of Our Strength
 
CURRENT TV SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
Unchained
 
 
 
… he has put eternity into man's heart….

--Ecclesiastes 3:11

God has put it in our DNA, as human beings, to know him! Of all his creations, humanity was created exclusively for the purpose of knowing and worshipping God. 

How can you and I know this? Because in our conscience is a small voice that tells us there’s something more to this life… there’s Someone greater.  

But our conscience can’t tell us everything we need to know. In fact, it’s a dangerous thing to say, “Let your conscience be your guide,” because the conscience can become corrupt and unable to discern right from wrong.

So how do we really get to know who God is? God himself tells us who he is!
God supernaturally, completely, and forever intervened in your life and mine when he revealed himself through Christ Jesus! This is the very revelation the Scripture refers to in John 1:1 that says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” Jesus is the living Word!”

Have you found him? He’s not hiding! Read his Word and I promise you’ll find him. “… Seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul” (Deuteronomy 4:29).

This is your life purpose: to know God and to love him more day by day.
 
GOD HAS PUT IT IN OUR DNA, AS HUMAN BEINGS, TO KNOW HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment