Monday 23 July 2018

The God Who Knows You

The God Who Knows You

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.”
Psalm 139:1–5

I read about a little boy just four years old who had been working on memorizing the Lord’s Prayer. Week after week he heard it in church and said the words along with the adults. But as often happens, he didn’t quite grasp all the words. So one Sunday he joined in, saying, “Our Father which art in Heaven, I know You know my name.”
God does know our names. He knows everything about us down to the smallest details. Jesus said, “But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows” (Luke 12:7). The intimate knowledge that God has of us is a source of strength and comfort. It frees us from the fear that we have to make our way through this world alone. The same God who has the power to create all things has the knowledge of who we are and where we are and what we need.
There are more than seven billion people living on the Earth today. But that vast number is made up of individuals, each of whom is personally known to God by name. He does not look at us as a part of a mass of people, but as a single person worthy of His love and care. Only an infinite God is capable of such a deep level of involvement in the lives of so many people. That is the God we have—a God who knows and calls us by name.
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
God is a loving Father who will never abandon or forsake or forget His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment