Tuesday 20 August 2019

How to bless your child

PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
Destiny
 
CURRENT TV SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
Destiny
 
 
 
… bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.
--1 Peter 3:9
As parents, we are to bless our children. We are called to it.
Now, you and I may have all kinds of positive thoughts about our children, but a blessing isn’t a blessing until we speak it!
So let me tell you some ways you can bless your child or children, starting today.
Begin by speaking words of affection to your children. In fact, you should never stop telling your children that you love them! Every time my oldest son and I talk, I tell him I love him. And my son is in his mid-40s! This is a manly thing to do and it’s a tremendous blessing!  
Other kinds of blessings that we can speak are words of forgiveness. We live in a cynical and judgmental world. And because of that, you and I need to teach our children the blessing of grace and forgiveness. In fact, some of the most powerful words that your child may ever hear you say are, “I’m sorry, I was wrong. Please forgive me.”
We should also speak words of promise into the lives of our children. We help children understand and rise to their place in God’s Kingdom when we say, “You are a promise from God. You have amazing potential! You are God’s gift! And God is going to use you in an incredible way to advance his Kingdom.”
As a parent, this is one of the most important callings you have. Take the time today to study and know your child. Look into your child’s eyes and seek your child’s heart. And don’t let the days and years get away from you without speaking words of blessing.
SPEAK BLESSINGS TO YOUR CHILDREN ON A REGULAR BASIS—STARTING TODAY!
 
 

Almighty God

Monday, August 19, 2019

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken unto me; There shall no strange god be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any strange god. I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it. But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me.”
Psalm 81:8–11
When Jacob was at the lowest point of his life, running from Esau after Jacob stole the blessing that actually should have belonged to his older brother, he had an encounter with God. Though he undoubtedly knew about God, Jacob does not appear to have had a real relationship with Him. God introduced Himself to Jacob this way: “And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins” (Genesis 35:11).
God was telling Jacob that He was able to do whatever Jacob needed, even making a fugitive second son the father of a great nation. And He was faithful to that promise. Hundreds of years later, He moved to bring the Israelites out of Egypt. There was no human explanation or expectation for that deliverance, but God is able to do all that He has promised.
Dr. John Rice said, “God has more for us than we take. God has bigger plans for us than we make. God has more love for us than we know. God has more people for us to bless than we do. Oh, if we could know the breadth, the length, the width, the height of all things, and the love of God which passeth knowledge! He said He ‘is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.’ Can you ask something big? God has something bigger than that!”
Today's Growth Principle: 
It is a tragedy for Christians to do without simply because they do not have faith in God’s ability to provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment