Saturday 31 August 2019

The Willing Sacrifice

PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
Giving God Your Best
 
CURRENT TV SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
Destiny
 
 
 
All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name.
--Psalm 66:4
Today, I want to ask you, when God looks at your life, does He see genuine worship or does He see a counterfeit? Does He see something real or something phony?
The bottom line is that each of us was made to worship God. And until we realize the true purpose in life… which is to worship Him and enjoy Him forever… we’ll always be floundering. We’ll always be frustrated because worship is the central purpose of life!
It is impossible to be a productive, positive Christian without participating in meaningful, genuine worship!
And I’m not just talking about corporate worship. Worship is something more than what we do… worship is a lifestyle. It is an attitude that we carry with us day by day. It is an activity and an attitude that reveals the inner heart and recognizes the value we place on God in our lives. That’s what worship is!
So today, let me challenge you to make your life a life of worship… an exclamation of the glory of our God!
EXAMINE YOUR LIFE TODAY...DO YOU HAVE AN ATTITUDE OF GENUINE WORSHIP?

The Willing Sacrifice

Friday, August 30, 2019

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.”
John 10:15–18
Thomas Piggott went to China in 1879 as a missionary to work with Hudson Taylor in reaching the lost. In May of 1896, he wrote: “How shall we look on the investment of our lives and labour here, even from the near standpoint of one hundred years hence? I am, I can truly say, more grateful every day for the opportunity of serving Christ, and I believe this to be the only true and sober view of life s realities. The work pressed home now, will make all the difference a few years hence.” When the Boxer Rebellion broke out, Piggott refused to leave and was executed along with dozens of other missionaries. He gave his life for the gospel.
Paul grounded his appeal for Christians to willingly serve God on the sacrifice that Jesus made for our salvation. “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service” (Romans 12:1). Jesus was not dragged to the cross by forces beyond His control. He willingly laid down His life for us, and we are called to do the same for others. A Christian who is unwilling to sacrifice will not make an impact for God.
Today's Growth Principle: 
Because of what Jesus willingly gave for us, we must be willing to give to Him and to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment