Saturday 8 February 2020

Letting God’s love shine through you



CURRENT RADIO SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
All Things New

CURRENT TV SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
All Things New



Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him. And the Pharisees and the scribes grumbled, saying, “This man receives sinners and eats with them.”

--Luke 15:1-2

I was once at a local hospital visiting a friend, and I came across a young lady in the waiting room who was crying uncontrollably. She looked to be about 17 or 18 years old, so I walked over to her and I said, “I’m a minister. Can I help you?”

Through her tears, she explained to me that she had just had a baby and she didn’t know where to go. She told me, “I can’t go home because my parents said if I had this baby, I wasn’t welcome in their home.” I was able to refer her to a local Christian pregnancy center and give her some guidance, but as I walked away I thought, “What a tragedy.” When her parents were needed the most, when she needed love and support more than ever, there was no place to find it.

Biblical love is acceptance. It’s not always accepting of other’s decisions or their way of life, but it accepts them as people, no matter what. That’s the kind of love God showed to you in the person of Jesus Christ. It’s the kind of love Jesus lived out as He fellowshipped with the rejects of Jewish society. It’s the love of forgiveness and acceptance.
Who are those in your life today who need to see the love of God? Who are those whom others reject, but because of the power of Christ in you, you can accept? Show the love of Christ to others each day by actively loving them no matter what they do.

BIBLICAL LOVE IS AN ACTIVE LOVE THAT ACCEPTS OTHERS, NO MATTER WHAT. FIND SOMEONE TODAY WHOM YOU CAN LOVE WITH GOD’S ACTIVE, ACCEPTING LOVE.

Then Shall I Know
Saturday, February 08, 2020
by Dr. Paul Chappell

“When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.”

1 Corinthians 13:1–13

The world has little conception of what awaits in eternity. If people did, they would fear Hell and crave Heaven. Our society is filled with misconceptions about the afterlife. In his play King John, Shakespeare wrote of a grieving mother who had been told of her son’s death. The character of Constance says, “When I shall meet him in the court of Heaven I shall not know him: and therefore never, never must I behold my pretty Arthur more.”

But the Bible tells us that we will know far more in Heaven than we do now. Those who have gone before us and those who are precious to us who are believers will be there, and we will recognize them. We will even know people we have only read about in the pages of the Bible or of history. Jesus said, “And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 8:11).

There is so much for us that is in store, and it is beyond our ability to comprehend or even imagine. “But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9). No matter our circumstances, we have the knowledge of a wonderful eternity with God.

Today's Growth Principle:
The glories of Heaven that await are certain and sure, and give us hope in difficult days.

No comments:

Post a Comment