Friday 14 February 2020

Will I know my loved ones in heaven?


CURRENT RADIO SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
All Things New

CURRENT TV SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
All Things New



For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

--1 Corinthians 13:12

I’m often asked, “Pastor, will I know my loved ones n heaven?” And my answer is always the same, “certainly, we will know one another in heaven! Do you think you’ll have less sense in heaven than you have here on earth? We know one another here; and there we will know fully and be fully known!

D.L. Moody, the great evangelist, was once quoted as saying, “One day they’re going to put in my obituary that D. L. Moody is dead.” He said, “Don’t you believe it, for I will be more alive than ever before!”

As Christians, when you and I die and enter our eternal home, we’ll become more alive at that point than at any point during our time on earth. That’s what today’s passage is talking about, seeing each other clearly face-to-face what we now only see dimly!

The Scripture promises you and I that in this world, there will be trouble (John 16:33). Yet because Jesus has overcome the world, we cling to the hope of a better life to come. So as you go about your life, take heart that an abundant life is to come if you’re in Christ. And if you haven’t placed your faith in Him, trust Him as your way to heaven and discover what it really means to live fully!

HEAVEN WILL BE THE PLACE WHERE YOU’LL DISCOVER WHAT IT REALLY MEANS TO FULLY LIVE AND FULLY LOVE. SO TAKE HEART THAT A BETTER LIFE IS YET TO COME!

No Profit
Friday, February 14, 2020
by Dr. Paul Chappell

“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.”

1 Corinthians 13:1–3

If a job were advertised that required long hours, regular serious sacrifice, and the risk of great danger, there would probably still be some people who would respond to take on the challenge. However if the ad pointed out that there was no pay associated with the job, the number of responses would drop to zero. No one is interested in spending their lives in a way that is completely without result or recompense. Though some are willing to work for things other than money, everyone wants to profit from their labor in some way.

When it comes to our service to God, although He commands our obedience, He also offers rewards to those who faithfully serve Him. Yet it is possible for us to do all of the right things—to make great sacrifices, accomplish great victories, and demonstrate significant human achievement—and yet receive nothing in return. John wrote, “Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward” (2 John 1:8).

Though we may deceive others, God always sees our hearts. He not only knows what we do, but why we do it. And to be acceptable in His sight and produce profit to our account, it must have the right motives. Without the proper love, even the greatest and most overwhelming human achievements produce nothing of lasting value or profit.

Today's Growth Principle:
Only when what we do is motivated by our love for God will we receive the promised reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment