Monday 31 March 2014

Be a Dream Releaser

Joel Osteen Ministries | Today's Word
Be a Dream Releaser
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:
" Be devoted to one another in love…"
(Romans 12:10, NIV).
TODAY'S WORD:
Think about the people God has placed in your life. They’re not there by accident. God brings people to you for a purpose. We should live with this awareness that, “I am here to add value to people. I am here to help them succeed.” Don’t go around always thinking, “I wonder what that person can do for me. I wonder what they have to offer.” No, we should have the attitude, “What can I do for them? How can I help them come up higher? Can I teach them something I know? Can I connect them with someone who can help them?” Don’t make the mistake of going through life ingrown. Instead, be a dream releaser. Use your talent, your influence and your experience, not just to accomplish your goals, but to help release a dream in someone else.
Remember, there is nothing more rewarding than to lay down at night knowing that you helped someone else become better. You not only fulfilled your purpose for that day, you did your best. It may have just been a two-minute phone call where you encouraged someone; but when you live as a dream releaser, you’ll see your own dreams come alive as well!
PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Father in heaven, thank You for equipping me to be a blessing to others. Show me ways to be a dream releaser and help others to rise up higher. Help me to use my influence to encourage others and honor You always. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

“Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we’ve been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven.” (1 Peter 1:3-4 MSG)
Once I typed the phrase “fresh start” into Google, and it brought up 485,000 links! Evidently, a lot of people would like to have a fresh start in life. They think, “I’ve blown it, I’ve messed up, I’ve really made a mess of things in my life. I’d like a fresh start.”
Jesus is in the business of giving people a fresh start. The apostle Peter says,“Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we’ve been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven” (1 Peter 1:3-4 MSG).
Several things happen once you give your life to Christ:
  • You open up your life to God and get to know him.
  • You’re given a brand new life, which gives you everything to live for.
  • You get a future in Heaven. 
You can say it this way: You get your past forgiven, a purpose for livin’, and a home in Heaven. What a deal! Your past, present, and future are taken care of as you put your trust in Jesus.
Everything that we have — right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start — comes from God by way of Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 1:30).
Talk It Over
  • How does your life differ from what it was like before you became a Christian?
  • What should a fresh start with Jesus look like in your life?
  • Who in your life needs to hear the Good News that Jesus gives a fresh start? How can you reach out to that person?

No comments:

Post a Comment