Thursday 13 March 2014

Don't Be Intimidated

Joel Osteen Ministries | Today's Word
Don't Be Intimidated
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:
Don’t be intimidated in any way by your enemies...
Philippians 1:28, NLT.
TODAY'S WORD:
With God on your side, there is no reason to be intimidated by your enemies. You don’t have to be intimidated by cancer. It’s no match for your God. Sickness cannot keep you from your destiny. God has you in the palm of His hand. Nothing can snatch you away. If it’s not your time to go, you’re not going to go. Don’t be intimidated by that financial problem. Don’t be intimidated by what somebody said about you. There is an anointing on your life that seals you, protects you, enables you and empowers you. God has infused you with strength. The Scripture says that you can do all things through Christ.
Today, go out with confidence. Go out with boldness knowing that if God is for you, it doesn’t even matter who is against you! No foe can stand against the power of Almighty God. You are empowered and equipped for victory, so don’t be intimidated!
PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Father, thank You for empowering me to live in victory no matter what I may be facing. I trust that no matter what comes my way, I am safe in the palm of Your hand. I won’t be intimidated by anything in Jesus’ name! Amen!


“I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I — and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me.… I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance.” (Job 42:1-3, 6 NLT)
Instead of asking God “Why?” you need to learn to trust God in things you don’t understand.
For 37 chapters in the book of Job, Job asks the “why” questions: “Why is this happening to me? Why are you allowing this? Why so much pain? Why so much discomfort? Why haven’t you answered my prayers?”
In chapter 38, Job stops asking “why.” And God says, “Now I’d like to ask you a few questions.” And for the next two chapters, God barrages Job with questions that only God can answer.
He asks things like, “Where were you when I made the universe? Can you explain the law of gravity?” And, after two chapters, Job realizes that he is just a man, and his knowledge is limited. Who is he to question God?
Job stops questioning, and he starts trusting. He replied to the Lord, “I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’ It is I — and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me.… I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance” (Job 42:1-3, 6 NLT).
What do you do in a situation where you can’t see the whole picture, things aren’t clear, and it makes no sense to you what’s happening?
You remind yourself of the things about God that you do know. Even in the middle of his doubts, Job affirmed what he knew to be true about God: God is loving (Job 10:12), God is all powerful (Job 36:22), God is in control (Job 34:13), God had a plan for his life (Job 23:14), God would protect him (Job 5:11).
I don’t know what you’re dealing with in your life, but I will tell you this: God is passionately and intimately aware of every detail that you’re going through right now. He’s paying attention to your every breath. Nothing misses God’s attention.
You may not understand why you’re going through what you’re going through, but you need to say this to God: “I know you’re good; I know you’re loving; I know you’re powerful; I know you notice the details of my life; I know you’re in control; I know you have a plan; I know you will protect me.” Then, you need to trust God — no matter what.
Whatever you’re going through, tell God exactly how you feel. He can handle it! Accept help from others. Stop asking “why,” and start trusting God for the things you don’t understand.
Talk It Over
  • What are the things that you know to be true about God? How do you know they’re true?
  • How do those truths help you trust God more?
  • Write down a prayer to God that affirms who he is and why you can trust him and that thanks him for his loving attention to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment