Saturday 23 March 2013

The Race of Faith


Meg

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God… Hebrew 12:1 to 2


Starting with the warm up song ‘One Moment in Time’ this morning for the 11km run made me feel contestant for an Olympiad. I liked the song its melody and lyrics. It somehow in tuned me with the nature around me… quite refreshing and invigorating.


 As the journey went by, I did run for 2km continuously however as my body began to feel a little bit tired; I decided to walk endlessly just to sustain the 9km more. Nevertheless, I enjoyed seeing people running, appreciating the good weather, the sky, the trees, the fresh air in the morning and most especially the people I came to meet as I passed by. I can still recall their smiles… from strangers to well known faces… youngsters to old ones… all of them became part of my day to thank God because I can run…walk…see…breathe…hear…I can sense and taste the goodness of the Lord in my life.

Yes, I might be feeling some muscle pain right now but it’s ok. It means that I’m alive and one thing I came to know that I endured the journey till the end. It’s quite rewarding that my heart and lungs are in good shape. Having the time to write down something in my mind and share it on my blog is another thing. Likewise, I want to impart for tonight is the lesson I have learned again.

Nothing is too difficult for someone who is determined. I finished the race for less than 2 hours (non-stop) and even though I wasn’t on the top list; I gave and I did my best. I wasn’t upset because I wasn’t competing with anyone else but myself and that’s what I enjoyed most… I had the time to ponder about life after all the goal of the marathon was to test our endurance, to run the race and finish for 2.5 hours. The same goes with our faith to endure the race, we thought we can’t make it but we did. It’s just a matter of mind over matter. Persistence, perseverance and discipline.  Winning the race is important but finishing it well without quitting is more. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment