Thursday 3 October 2013

The Gift


 
It’s been a long time I never shared something in my mind. Well, I want to start it with a gift. How do we define it?

Tonight, I want to share about a personal gift. Last Saturday, one day before my exam I attended a dialogue which has something to do with personal branding. One of the questions was ‘what is your personal brand?’ So easy yet too deep to think. In other words, what others think of me when they came to hear my name. In a corporate world, what is my personal branding?

When I was young my aunt told me that among the siblings, I was the most open-minded person. She described me as an understanding person and very optimistic about life. According to our Nanay, I was more like my Aunt (father side) when it comes to thinking and speaking. Nevertheless, I believe I acquired the DNA of our mom’s patience, humility and forgiving heart.

In my entire work life, I almost served and dealt with people with the highest ranking position in the company, from President, VP, AVP, Director, GM, and most of the time PM. It was my honour to serve them and with that they saw me as a woman empowered to engage more in dealing with people. I believed it’s a gift. It’s my God’s gift. A combination of both nature and nurture. I appreciate my own personal development and God is untiringly working at me.  He knitted every details of my personality and be the person I am right now.

Not only that, looking through the years, I almost complete the cycle of my profession. I revolved and involved myself into design, construction, project management and now as a developer. I witnessed and experienced all the differences. Nevertheless, it was all in a matter of approach. To know the designer, I need to fit my own shoes. To know the contractor, I need to wear my helmet as one in the construction site.  To know the project management, I need to embrace both. To know the developer side, I need to clothe all. Simply said than done but the key to all is doing the right thing than doing the things right. The process of my learning was one at a time and the Instructor (God) was profoundly giving the modules according to His time.

Believe me, the journey to nurture the gift was not easy from the start and the training ground required me to love discipline, trust and ownership. The good thing about it is … the fruitful wisdom. The more I share, the more I recall what I’ve learned. It’s a simple form of my own happiness that not all people know. Selfless… knowledge-sharing person.  That’s how I engraved my brand in people’s heart. It’s a personal branding. A gift. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment