Wednesday 10 June 2015

To Hear God, Get Near God

To Hear God, Get Near God
CURRENT TEACHING SERIES
Life's Healing Choices
 
Play Today's Broadcast
 
 
 
To Hear God, Get Near God
Facebook   Twitter   Pinterest   Email
By Rick Warren — Jun 9, 2015
 
Devotional image from Rick Warren
 
 
“It is the Lord who gives wisdom; from him come knowledge and understanding.” (Proverbs 2:6 TEV)                                            
You say, “I want to trust God, but I don't hear him.”
You don't hear God when your mind is filled with a thousand other distractions. To hear God, you’ve got to get near God. You've got to get alone with God and be quiet.
The Bible says, “Be still and know that I am God”(Psalm 46:10 NIV). That means sit down and shut up. That's how you hear God and get near to God. You have to sit alone and just be quiet with your Bible and say, “God, is there anything you want to say to me?” You read God’s Word, and you talk to him about what's on your heart.
And, God says he will give you the wisdom you need to recognize his voice and follow through on what he says: “It is the Lord who gives wisdom; from him come knowledge and understanding” (Proverbs 2:6 TEV).
Pray this today: “God, I want to listen to you, not the voices of doubt. I want to get close to you and get to know you better. I want to hear you, and I promise to then obey you. I want to be one of the people that you can use and bless in the next 10 years. I want those years to be a decade of destiny for me and my family.”
PLAY today’s audio teaching from Pastor Rick >>
Talk It Over
  • What do you need to change about the way you meet with the Lord so that you can be quiet and draw near to him?
  • Do you regularly hear from God? How do you normally react to his voice and what he tells you to do?
  • How can you show God that you are ready to obey what he tells you to do?
  • Today’s Scripture
    “Then the LORD said to him, ‘What is that in your hand?’...”
    (Exodus 4:2, NIV)
    SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
    FacebookTwitterGoogle Plus
    What’s in Your Hand?
    Do you ever feel inadequate for what you are called to do? You’re not the first one! So often, when we think of Moses, we remember him as the great spiritual giant who led the Israelites out of captivity. But did you know that Moses doubted himself, too? He didn’t feel equipped. In fact, he was even self-conscious because he had a stuttering problem! God simply said to him, “What do you have in your hand?” In the next few moments, God showed Moses that it didn’t matter what equipment he thought he needed. The God of the universe can take what you have and turn it into whatever it needs to be in order for you to accomplish what you’ve been called to.
    So what’s in your hand today? It may not seem like much, but God wants to use it. He wants to take you to places you never dreamed. He wants to pour out His blessing and favor so you can live the abundant life He has in store for you!
    A Prayer for Today
    “Father, today I release to You all that I am and everything that I have. I invite You to flood every part of my being and use me for Your glory. Thank You for using what is in my hand in Jesus name. Amen.”
    PS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-dNGifuxk4

No comments:

Post a Comment