Thursday 18 August 2016

Blessings Now and Later

PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
Destiny
 
CURRENT TV SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
Destiny
 
 
 
Ah, Lord GOD! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.
 
--Jeremiah 32:17


Today, you may find yourself in a rut. Maybe you’re in a place where you’re thinking, “Well, this is as good as it gets.” And perhaps you’ve settled for mediocrity. Mediocrity in your marriage… mediocrity with your children… mediocrity in your career.

But God has so much more for you!

“Well,” you say, “I’ve got all kinds of problems… all kinds of issues in my life you don’t know about.” You know, that may be true, but God is bigger than your problems. As 1 John 4:4 says, “He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”

So let me ask you today: What are you asking God to do in your life? Because God wants to do supernatural things in you… things you could never imagine!

Think about what God tells us in Isaiah 43:19: “Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.”

In other words, God is saying, “Look! Can’t you see it? Can’t you taste it? Can’t you feel this new thing that I’m doing?”

God takes barren places in our lives and uses them for His glory. That’s when He does the brand new thing in our lives! And God wants to do something new in you.

Do you believe that God can do greater things in your own life… right now… than you ever imagined possible? I believe God can do and will do what you believe He can do.

Now, you say, “That’s impossible!” Let me remind you what the Scripture says in Romans 8:31, “If God is for us, who can be against us?”

If you’re a child of God, He is for you. So don’t doubt that He wants to do great things in your life today!

God wants to do great things in you and through you, so turn to Hhim today for what you think is impossible

Blessings Now and Later

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee. And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake, Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.”
Luke 18:28–30
Some people act like serving God is all about sacrificing and being miserable, as though it is a dreadful and painful thing to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. But Jesus painted a very different picture. There are sacrifices and struggles, but they pale in comparison to the blessings that we receive, both in eternity and in this life as well. Those who desire eternal joy must recognize the necessity of serving God in this life. His work is not grievous to those who love Him. Jesus said, “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:29–30).
Dr. John R. Rice recounted his decision to enter the ministry this way. “Down at the Pacific Garden Mission, singing and doing personal work, one night I more or less volunteered myself to be a preacher on the basis of Romans 12:1–2, ‘present your bodies a living sacrifice,’ and the call of Isaiah 6 in which he said, ‘Here am I, send me.’ I wanted nothing better than to win souls and have welling up in my heart continually the glad joy I felt at that moment. I looked through the vista of future years and saw the time when ‘they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.’”
Today’s Growth Principle: 
Every day there are blessings to be found for those who serve the Lord with gladness and a willing heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment