Monday 22 August 2016

What Do You Want Most?

What Do You Want Most?

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. And Jesus stood, and commanded him to be brought unto him: and when he was come near, he asked him, Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight.”
Luke 18:39–41
As a young man, David Livingstone was challenged when he heard the missionary Robert Moffat talk of seeing the campfires of a thousand villages where the name of Jesus had never been heard. He committed his life to taking the gospel to Africa, and he became one of the greatest missionaries in history. Though Livingstone gained great fame as an explorer, he cared about reaching the lost above all else. After Livingstone died, his body was returned to England where it was buried with great honor in Westminster Abbey. But before they prepared his body for shipment, the people for whom Livingstone had given so much cut out his heart and buried it beneath a tall tree near his final camp. They said later that his heart belonged in Africa.
When Jesus asked the blind beggar what he most wanted the Lord to do for him, he did not need to consider or weigh his options. There was one thing that he desired above all else, and he plainly asked Jesus for it.
There is enormous power found in a focused life—where instead of dashing heedlessly from one thing to the next we are focused on something that truly matters. Paul was able to say, “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13–14).
Today’s Growth Principle: 
When we love God more than anything else, our lives will be devoted to His service.

The Best Relationship You Can Have

by Joyce Meyer - posted August 21, 2016

Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.
- Revelation 3:20

We have the great privilege of developing a relationship with God and inviting Him to be a vital part of everything we do, every day. That starts with simple prayer—just talking to Him and sharing your life with Him as you go about the things you have to do. Be thankful that His presence is with you, and include Him in your thoughts, in your conversations, and in all your everyday activities.
When you let God out of the Sunday-morning box that many people keep Him in, letting Him invade your Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and all day Sunday as well, you’ll be amazed at what a difference it will make. Don’t try to keep God in a religious compartment; He wants to have free access to every area of your life. He wants to be involved in every part of your life. He desires an intimate relationship with you.
Prayer of Thanks: I thank You, God, that You love me enough to want to be in relationship with me. I want to share every part of my life with You. Help me to remember that You are with me every minute of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment