Thursday 27 October 2016

When It’s Time for Something New

When It’s Time for Something New

by Joyce Meyer - posted October 26, 2016

To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1

When what you are doing no longer gives you joy—when there is no life in it for you anymore— that is a strong indication that God is finished with whatever He was doing through you. Prayer will help you find out if God is leading you to make changes.
Some individuals don’t have any joy because they are trying to do things God is not calling them to do anymore. They are simply trying to ride a dead horse, so to speak. My advice is this: When the horse isn’t moving, it is time to dismount!
Seek God’s direction and have the boldness to say, “I did things a certain way for a long time, and I was grateful to have the chance to do it, but this isn’t the way God is leading me now. I believe God is leading me to do something new.”
Prayer of Thanks: Father, thank You for showing me when it is time to do something new. I trust You to lead and guide me, and I know that joy always comes with Your plan. I thank You in advance that You will make it abundantly clear which direction You want me to take.
PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
Dare to Believe
 
CURRENT TV SERIESPlay Today's Broadcast
Angels
 
 
 
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
 
Revelation 21:1


For many years of my life, I lived in West Palm Beach, Florida. I used to love taking walks along the beach and looking at the ocean. Listening to the waves crash on the shore was so relaxing.

That was my perspective from land. But if I had been the captain of a boat out on the water, I’d probably have had a very different view of the ocean. Those same waves that lap up on the sandy beach have been responsible for many sunken ships and many deaths.

This was the perspective that the biblical authors had of the ocean, especially the apostle John, who was a fisherman before he wrote the book of Revelation. To them, the ocean was chaotic, dangerous, and deadly. Yes, the sea was a source of income. But John would’ve never lost his healthy fear of the sea, which could go from provider to killer with a simple change of the winds.

So when John writes that in the new heaven, “the sea was no more,” what he really means is that chaos will be eradicated. That which caused so much destruction would be gone and order would prevail.

Perhaps today, there’s a good amount of chaos in your life. Look to the One who will one day bring order to our chaotic world to make a miracle out of any mess you have. Place your life in His hands today and trust Him to do something big!

Let God create order in your chaotic life by giving Him control and trusting in His promise to make all things new!


No comments:

Post a Comment