Saturday 21 January 2017

Acknowledge God

Acknowledge God

by Joyce Meyer - posted January 20, 2017

In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
—Proverbs 3:6


It is so easy to start making a plan instead of waiting on God to give us His plan. Sometimes we are so entrenched in our own plans that we don’t even sense the leading of the Holy Spirit. But the proverb says to acknowledge God in all our ways, and that means to care about what He thinks and submit our plans to Him for approval.
Having a plan is not a bad thing, but we can simply say to God each day, “Lord, I have a plan for today, but I acknowledge You in it. And if You don’t approve of any part of it, then I am willing to change and do what You want.” If you truly care about what God desires, He will direct you in the way you should go if any changes need to be made to your plans.

Power Thought: I acknowledge God in all my plans, and He always guides me.

Facing an Uncertain Future with Confidence

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.”
Acts 20:22–24

The difference between people who live by faith and those who walk by sight is not explained by their circumstances. The faithful face the same challenges, obstacles, and reverses that everyone else faces. It is part of living in a fallen world. The difference is that they continue to trust God, no matter what. Even after Job had lost everything to an attack from Satan that he did not deserve and did not understand, Job trusted in God. He said, “Wherefore do I take my flesh in my teeth, and put my life in mine hand? Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him” (Job 13:14–15).
When Paul said, “None of these things move me” he was saying that the circumstances of life carried no weight with him. Paul did not base his future on what was happening, but on the one who had called him to the work. Notice the focus of Paul’s heart. He did not love his own life, but instead loved God above all else. As a result, he was willing to face and endure hardship. I’m sure Paul would have preferred to skip the shipwrecks, the beatings, the imprisonments, and the stonings. But he was willing to allow God to direct his steps, wherever it took him, and whatever consequences followed. That is what faith in action during uncertain times looks like.
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
If God is our greatest love, then our faith in Him can survive any test.

No comments:

Post a Comment