Monday 9 January 2017

The Source of Our Inheritance

The Source of Our Inheritance

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God: And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.”
Colossians 3:22–24

California has more billionaires than any other state in America. According to a 2016 Forbes study, there were 124 people in the Golden State whose net worth exceeds one billion dollars. It’s hard for us to even imagine how much money that is. Yet, with all that great wealth floating around in California, I don’t expect to receive any of that money when those billionaires pass on. Because I’m not related to them or have a relationship with them, I do not expect them to remember me in their wills or leave me an inheritance.
On the other hand, I am part of a family that offers far greater resources than all the billionaires of the world put together. Because of God’s grace made available to me through the sacrifice of Christ on the cross, I have been placed in line for an inheritance that dwarfs anything the world can offer. “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together” (Romans 8:17).
My hope for an inheritance is not based on the things of the world, but on the eternal and unchanging nature and faithfulness of God. Many times people are cut out of wills here on earth because they have done something or failed to do something, and thus displeased the person leaving the inheritance. But my standing with God is based on the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ, and He will never put me out of His family.
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
When we look to God as our source, we never need to fear a lack of resources or supply

Faith to Do It

by Joyce Meyer - posted January 08, 2017

For by the grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance], but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him.
—Romans 12:3


When God told Abraham to leave his home and relatives, Abraham first had to go out before God would show him the destination (see Genesis 12:1). As was true of Abraham, God has given each of us "a measure of faith." For whatever we need to do, we have the faith to do it; but for faith to work, we have to release our faith, and the way we release it is to go in obedience. We have to go with our dreams despite all the "what ifs" and the doubts from the enemy. When we make our step, God shows up.
I cried a swimming pool of tears to get to where I am, and no one was cheering for me, but I am happy and I love my life today. I remember when I woke up in the morning and wished it was time to go to bed, but not anymore.
Don’t live another week where you never follow your dreams and heart.
Remember: God's rewards are overwhelming.
 
Lord, You have given me a measure of faith, and I want to live according to it. Help me to follow my heart today and not be hesitant with doubts. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment