Monday 30 January 2017

The Power of God’s Love

The Power of God’s Love

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die.”
John 12:30–33

I read a wonderful story about a missionary to Zimbabwe who was trying diligently to witness to a man who had no interest in the gospel. When the man continued to refuse to listen to the message, the missionary offered to give him a New Testament. The uninterested man replied that he would just use the pages to roll his cigarettes and smoke them. The missionary said, “Well at least promise to read the pages before you smoke them!” The man agreed.
Fifteen years passed before the two men met again, and this time it was at a preaching conference. The once lost man who had declared his intention to smoke the pages of the Bible was now an effective evangelist. In his message, he gave his testimony and told the story of being given a New Testament. “I smoked Matthew and I smoked Mark and I smoked Luke. But when I got to John 3:16, I couldn’t smoke anymore. My life was changed from that moment.”
The power of the message God has given us to take to the world is not found in our ability, our personality, or our charisma. It is found in the story of the crucifixion, for the cross is the measure of God’s amazing love for the world. When we substitute that message with anything else, we are weakening the power of our witness to the lost. Paul reminded the Corinthians of his ministry in their city this way: “For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2).
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
If our lives and our message show God’s love to the world, He will draw the lost to salvation.

God Is in the Details

by Joyce Meyer - posted January 29, 2017

And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever.
—John 14:16


The Lord cares about every tiny detail of your life. People who don't believe this truth have a difficult time experiencing real intimacy with Him. You can and should talk to Him about everything. Nothing is too big and nothing is too small. He will help you put in your contact lens or drive in snow. He said, “I am with you always” (see Matthew 28:20 NIV), and He is always ready to help, strengthen, encourage, or comfort you.
The Holy Spirit is called “The Helper.” He is also referred to as “The Standby.” I love that He is standing by me at all times, waiting to assist me with whatever I need. But He is a gentleman and won't push His way into our lives. We open the door for Him to work simply by asking, which is prayer.
God is love, and when we dwell in His love, enjoying and being aware of it, we dwell in God. To dwell means, “to live and remain in.” “Dwelling” is not an occasional visit, but a permanent, fixed situation. I don’t say, “I visit my house.” I say, “I live in my house.” God wants us to say the same about Him and His love for us. His love is where we live. God is with us at all times, watching over us, keeping us safe, overseeing every detail of our lives. And the Holy Spirit is standing by to help you!

Love God Today: Whatever you need today—a parking place, help navigating a tough situation at work—know that God cares about the little things and the details of your life, and He wants you to depend on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment