Friday 25 August 2017

Crucified with Christ

Crucified with Christ

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”
Galatians 2:18–21

It is said that on his first trip to the Holy Land, Dr. R. G. Lee visited Gordon’s Calvary, thought by many to be the place where Jesus was crucified. As the guide talked to the tour group about the history and meaning of the spot where they were standing, and how it had come to be identified as the likely site of the place Jesus died, he asked if any members of the group had been there before. Dr. Lee raised his hand. The guide asked, “When were you here?” Dr. Lee responded, “Two thousand years ago. When Jesus died for me, I died with Him.”
Though many believers never have the opportunity to travel to Israel and see Calvary, there are no believers who have not been to the cross. The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the only means of salvation. Yet the cross is about more than just our salvation. It is also a symbol of forfeiting all that we rely on and hold dear for the sake of obedience to God. “Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me” (Matthew 16:24). Only by repeatedly dying to what we value and rising to live for what God values can we truly live like Jesus.
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
Only through our daily dying to self can the powerful life of Jesus Christ flow through us.

Don’t Offend God

by Joyce Meyer - posted August 24, 2017

…Work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).
- Philippians 2:12


We can allow the Holy Spirit to invade our lives. We can be so filled with His presence and power that we allow Him into every aspect of who we are and into everything we do. He can get into our thoughts, emotions, and even our wills and bring healing and wholeness to our entire being, but He wants an invitation.
Tell the Holy Spirit you are ready to work with Him to bring what He has done in you by the grace of God to the forefront of your life. “Work it out,” which is the theme of our scripture for today, means that we must learn to live from the Spirit. We need to learn to live inside out. Be cautious not to offend God by giving in to temptation and sin. Learn to live in such a manner that your conscience is entirely clean at all times.
You might be thinking, Joyce, all of this sounds hard and I am not sure I have what it takes. But, I want to assure you that you do have what it takes, because you have the power of the Holy Spirit in your life. You cannot do it in your own strength, but as you partner with God you can do whatever you need to do in life. Don’t settle for a “barely get by” kind of life when there is a life of abundance waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment