Wednesday 15 November 2017

Law and Wisdom

One of my favourite modules in my Masters is Business Law and Ethics. Every time that there is a case to study, my professor who was a Muslim wants us to incorporate and substantiate the case with Sariah Law aside from any laws we read including previous cases with the same kind of circumstances to fortify and justify our logical explanation.

As a student in as much as I can, I also provide some verses in the Bible in any cases we studied weekly and it was truly helpful. It is valid knowing that beforehand, witnesses in court lay down their hands (on top of the Bible) swearing to say the truth and nothing but the truth. The authority and integrity of the Bible, I believe is NEVER questionable because even the Supreme Court attested its credibility. And when we say Supreme Court, for them (group of judges) to endorse a source(s) something that is factual and reliable, it was totally scrutinize first for its authenticity and validity.

My interest in law truly defines my passion in both Philosophy and Psychology. I was indeed grateful for my professors in college who allowed us to think deeper with impartial judgement. There are NO gray areas. Truth is truth. False is false. If you do not know the law, you are not excuse. The same goes if you do not read the Bible!

I felt so saddened for some people who have time to read Facebook, newspaper or any other books they love yet have no time to read the Scriptures which is better important in knowing the truth, discovering the true nature of God Himself and what to expect in the eternal life. It’s rich in golden treasure, full of wisdom. Incomparable.

As I recall when I was young, I thought it was ok to worship a statue of the image so-called God yet when I read Leviticus 26:1 that says… Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God. I suddenly opened my eyes and mind that what I did is wrong. The Roman Catholic churches I mostly attended never taught it. I just don’t know if this passage in the Bible they do know. Again, innocence of the law excuses NO one. What if I did not read it, will it change my perception about my religion? Despite of my discoveries of truth, my faith remains stronger while leaving Catholicism. My curiosity becomes more define yet satisfied as Bible studies flourishing my mind and heart reaching both my soul and spirit.

There were a lot of discoveries which I treasured most. I encourage you to discover it yourself, too. It is true that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. But if you lack wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you – James 1:5
MegJ


No comments:

Post a Comment