Tuesday 17 April 2018

How a People Turn from God

PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
Dare to Believe
 
CURRENT TV SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
His Story Your Story
 
 
 
… But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

--1 John 2:1

Has the devil ever tried to “re-try” you for a past sin? The enemy just loves to bring up sins that we’ve confessed to God. He’ll say things to us like, “You can’t be forgiven. There’s no hope for your sin!”

Well, if our salvation was dependent on us, this would be true. But you and I have an advocate who sits at the right hand of God! And when the devil tries to condemn and blame us, Christ Jesus is representing us before the Father saying, "He’s ours, Father. She belongs to us.” And the case is closed.

However, there is no forgiveness for sin apart from Jesus. If you don't know him, you will die in your sin and will be forever separated from God. There is no greater tragedy that this.  

But maybe you’re wishing you could start over in life. Perhaps you’re thinking, “If only I could be truly forgiven of my sin. If only I could forgive myself.” You can!

Jesus died to wash away your sins and to give you a brand new life!

Pray right now, “Dear Lord, I know I have sinned against you. Please forgive me and become Lord of my life. Be my advocate. And give me power to live in victory over sin.”

THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS!

How a People Turn from God

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame. They eat up the sin of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquity.”
Hosea 4:6–8

No nation turns away from God in a moment. It is the process of a generation failing to pass on their faith to their children and failing to reach others with the gospel. It is easy to see the evidence of a marked shift in American society today. The number of people who go to church declines, and the rising tide of social ills—abortion, divorce, immorality, addiction, and more—is clear evidence of a negative shift. Yet despite the abundant proofs of a downturn, more and more people, 56 percent according to a recent Pew Research poll, say that people do not need to believe in God in order to be good and moral.
Daniel Webster, one of America’s great statesmen, left this solemn warning, “If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering; but if we and our posterity neglect its instructions and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity.”
God has no grandchildren. Each new generation must have the faith we share taught, explained, and demonstrated to them so that it can become their own. When we turn away from following God with our whole hearts, we should not be surprised if our children, grandchildren, friends, co-workers, and neighbors go even further away from Him. There are many consequences for sin, and they are not all personal. Some of them impact future generations in families and societies.
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
If we do not share our faith with our own families and with others, it will be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment