Tuesday 3 April 2018

Jesus Does All Things Well

PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
Dare to Believe
 
CURRENT TV SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
His Story Your Story
 
 
 
… he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

--I John 4:4

Each of us has giants in our lives. You and I know that. So the question is, “Are you going to slay those giants or let them hold you hostage?”

Let me share a little story with you. Back in 2001, the schools of Duke and Maryland were competing in the NCAA basketball semifinals. And Duke was favored to win.

But in the first half, they played poorly. They missed shots and rebounds, and even were down by as many as 21 points. They somewhat closed the gap, but ended the half stunned and feeling defeated.

At the end of halftime, after the coach had spoken, the players stayed behind for a bit rather that going out and warming up. One of the Duke players spoke to each of his teammates individually. He got in their faces and spoke these words, “Find your heart!” And they did! Duke won a great comeback victory… and eventually won the national championship!

So let me say to you, Christ-follower, “Find your heart!” Yes, you face menacing giants, but Jesus lives in you; you have the heart of a champion. And he is bigger than any opponent you will ever face!

Don’t let giants keep you down. It’s time to rally and to bring the giants down!
 
FIND YOUR HEART!

Jesus Does All Things Well

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain. And he charged them that they should tell no man: but the more he charged them, so much the more a great deal they published it; And were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well: he maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak.”
Mark 7:35–37

Because she was blind and unable to work a traditional job, Fanny Crosby relied on the sale of her poems and hymns for her financial income. Despite her popularity, there were often times when money was short. On one particular day, she had a pressing need for five dollars. Though the sum was not huge, she had no prospect of getting the money, so she began to pray for God’s help. Only a few minutes passed before a stranger knocked on her door and gave her exactly five dollars. She wrote, “I have no way of accounting for this, except to believe that God, in answer to my prayer, put it into the heart of this good man to bring the money.” My first thought was, “It is so wonderful the way the Lord leads me.” Not long after, she wrote the words to the song we still sing today, “All the Way My Saviour Leads Me”:
All the way my Saviour leads me;
What have I to ask beside
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my guide?

Heavenly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know what ‘er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;

For I know what ‘er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.

There is great peace in remembering that God always knows what is best for us. Many times, it is the very things that bring us hardship and pain that He is using to mold us to be more like Jesus. We must trust our Father who knows and does what is best.
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
Never forget God’s perfect knowledge and love—He makes no mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment