Friday 5 October 2012

A choice and not a chance



by: Meg

It’s been quite a long time yet I still love to remember the days in my college years. My eldest brother and I spent our tertiary level here. He was with me during my enrollment days. Of course the queuing section that leads us to get the application form taught me one thing (until my 5th year) --- PATIENCE, a virtue that carries a lot of wait.

Yes it was our time finally and my brother gave me some sort of papers to fill-up. Questions again… hmmm… ‘what is your 1st choice, 2nd choice, and 3rd choice? Guess what… I came to write the following:

1st choice --- Medical Technology (leading to Medicine)
2nd choice --- Political Science (leading to Law)
3rd choice --- Architecture (just passed the Board and that’s it!)

With a thorough study about my strengths and limitations, I decided to choose the 3rd one. Although I love Chemistry and being a doctor is really a great achievement I realized, I had a hemophobia (irrational fear of blood) and therefore there’s no reason for me to think of my 1st choice. Political Science --- again a lawyer is a great profession but another 4-year course again to take prior to Bar Examination (how can I help my parents after graduation if I’m still into school?)… Was there any choice? Yes of course, Architecture.

My decision to take the 3rd choice on my own leads me to think what’s in me? I came to realize that during my primary school days, I discovered that my grades in Art were also higher in comparison with the 3 primary subjects that we had. I never knew that in some other way I can think artistically and draw something; until I was able to study how a simple house can be drawn on plan, elevations and perspective… leading to Architecture.

And to make the story short, it’s very important to follow what I think was the best for me way back then. What I have chosen was the right choice and with God’s goodness and generosity too I passed my board exam 2005. I was blessed and grateful to God for allowing me to take the 3rd choice and nothing else. With prayers, determination, patience and steadfast mind, I love and enjoy many of the ‘finest moments’ in my life right now specifically and specially all the people I came to know and appreciate every single day… another reasons to thank God and be grateful for because God Himself is faithful One! =) 


Our Administration Building


My favorite place to read and wait our 'Freedom Park'


  Our Quadrangle


 Our new Architecture Building 



Green...green grass of Home


 Loving Trees


Artistic Sculpture


The Chapel

Aerial Perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment