Sunday 7 October 2012

Half a year

                                                                   
by: Meg

April 7, 2012 it was a sunny Saturday morning and I was preparing myself going to airport, all were arranged according to plan. Still thinking what’s in store for me. Nevertheless, being optimistic about the future and trusting the unknown to God always calmed my soul. As I looked to my passport and other documents that allowing me to work in Malaysia was for me another exciting adventure. I waited for almost 7 months to have all of these (it’s all because for a woman working in Malaysia was a bit difficult to grant). In the same manner, my Employer got the first time to have an employee from the Philippines. Recalling how things happened was quite unplanned; it was just an invitation from my office mate for me to try the interview. Without any hesitation I attended the interview on the last day. I can still remember it was raining but it never stopped me to go, in fact for me it was a sign of blessing and it was, it really was.

The ‘waiting time’ period (just to have my working visa) allowed me to think and pray for God’s decision in my life. Several offers opened my door to work again in Middle East yet I declined. There’s still a small voice within me saying… ‘Please wait’ and I waited. For several months working in my previous company (while waiting) brought me to gain more wisdom in construction and management. Dealing with Clients, Consultants and Contractor was what I really loved most. Seeing the project moving, growing and being a part of a new commercial institution was again another treasure to remember. 

I learned to love and appreciate all the people I worked with. Even on my last day of work (April 4, 2012) I was surprised that our VP-Operations came to treat me with the rest of the team. He had known me since the project was started, from excavation to nearly completion. If there’s one thing he asked of me was that… ‘Meg, if you’re done with your contract, you can always work with us’. With those words he left spoken, it meant a lot to me. As the remaining minutes of saying warm wishes, my eyes brought me to tears as my grateful heart waving goodbye.





And now, together with all the finest moments in my life, I can truly say that half of my year here was truly a blessing. Time moves so fast yet every day is a single day to treasure and appreciate. Making the most out of it is significantly important. I guess the best part of life is to freely explore what God allows us to do. I maybe far away from home but my heart will always be in place where it grows yet stays reaching and accepting God’s goodness and grace. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment