Monday 29 October 2012

A Vital Necessity


A Vital Necessity

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
"Set your mind and heart to seek (inquire of and require as your vital necessity) the Lord your God.” (I Chronicles 22:19 AMP).

TODAY’S WORD
What things do you consider a vital necessity in your life? What can’t you live without? Most people would immediately think of food, water, and shelter, but in reality, we can’t really live unless our minds and hearts are set on seeking the Lord. Sure, you can exist without seeking Him, but you are called to more than just mere existence. You are called to live…to thrive…to enjoy your life abundantly! The good news is that you have complete control over what you set your mind and heart on. You decide what you think about.

I encourage you today; set your mind and heart on seeking the Lord! Write down your favorite scriptures and commit them to memory. Whenever you can, think about those verses. Meditate on God and His infinite love. Make a habit of seeking Him and ask Him to reveal Himself to you. When you require the Lord as a vital necessity, you will truly enjoy living the abundant life He has in store for you!

PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, today I choose to set my mind on You. I seek You with my whole heart. Show me your love and character today. Show me Your ways that I may walk and live closely with you. I love you. In Jesus’ Name. Amen. 

***
“Oh, yes, you shaped me first inside, then out .... You know me inside and out,  you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit... Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.” (Psalm 139:13-16 MSG)
God never wastes an experience. Romans 8:28 reminds us, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (NIV).
At Saddleback, we help people consider five areas of experience that will encourage the kind of ministry they are best shaped for:
  • Educational experiences: What were your favorite subjects in school? 
  • Vocational experiences: What jobs have you enjoyed and achieved results while doing?
  • Spiritual experiences: What have been the meaningful or decisive times with God in your life?
  • Ministry experiences: How have you served God in the past?
  • Painful experiences: What are the problems, hurts, and trials from which you’ve learned?
Your S.H.A.P.E. was sovereignly determined by God for his purpose, so you shouldn’t resent it or reject it. "What right have you, a human being, to cross-examine God? The pot has no right to say to the potter: ‘Why did you make me this shape?’ Surely a potter can do what he likes with the clay!" (Romans 9:20-21 JB)
Instead of trying to reshape ourselves to be like someone else, we should celebrate the S.H.A.P.E. God has given to each of us.
Understanding your S.H.A.P.E. builds self-esteem. There's an epidemic of low self-esteem in our society today. Most people do not like themselves. One reason, studies have shown, is that more than 50 percent of all people are in the wrong jobs. I believe that genuine self-esteem — as opposed to pop psychological self-esteem — is built on two biblical truths. It’s not about raising yourself up by your boot straps or thinking positively or the "I'm OK; you're not so hot” philosophy. Genuine self-esteem is built on your relationship with Jesus and knowing what he created you for.
Talk About It
What do these scriptures say about your S.H.A.P.E.?

  • “Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth — everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." (Isaiah 43:7 NIV)
  • “The people I have shaped for myself will broadcast my praises.” (Isaiah 43:21 NJB)
  • “From where he sits God overlooks all of us on earth — he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do.” (Psalm 33:14-15 MSG)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment