Wednesday 24 October 2012

What a small world!


by: Meg


I met Lhuz 2009 in Dubai. She was my roommate, officemate and a dear friend. A great talk with her reminded me of a dinner we have had (about three years ago) just nearby a creek. I came to know how smart and intelligent she was, impressive indeed. She’s also one of the best comedians in the house aside from me (a comedian in a supporting role) and kuya Jef of course (the best comedian) no doubt about it! Every Friday (our rest day) we gathered to have our morning breakfast. We prayed, we shared little stories and most of all we laughed together. Oh God how I loved those memories.

Most of my housemates worked in Dubai Metro under a Japanese Employer --- Obayashi Corporation. I was destined to work in Business Bay Station while Lhuz was in Palm Deira Station. Later part of that year our Team moved to their place. I was happy then because finally I had someone beside me going to and from work. We discovered to appreciate each other’s differences. She loved when it’s full moon, it made her feel so energetic and active. I was so happy knowing that she’s happy about it. Actually, I liked it too but I loved even more when it rained. For me, it’s refreshing and it made me feel so alive. I loved the smell of the trees and the grass. In Dubai, it’s very seldom to have some rain, and for me it’s a precious and happy moment when it comes.


Days and months passed by, I came to know her more. She’s a loving daughter and a sister too to Jay (Zeanne’s dad). She loved her aunt so much (as her mother) and I was so proud of her about it. It broke our hearts when her aunt passed away that year. However, Lhuz still remained strong about it. A woman with courage strengthened by loved was all I can see about her.

Few months after that, my time has come to leave Dubai; as my hours ended, we got the chance to talk in the dining area. Some parting words to say before I leave --- words that still touched my heart until now --- she asked me if I can pass on with her my patience. I said… not only that my dear, I can also give you my heart. Just always remember to take the initiative to know God deeper and sooner you will reap all its fruits. We smiled together and hugged each other. Tears of gratefulness and appreciation enveloped our hearts as we bid goodbye.


Now, I realized that, we may be too far yet too close. Truly distance doesn’t matter at all for someone who became part of my life; our lives, it’s just because God designed and planned about it for me to meet all of you --- as I engraved you all in my heart. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment