Thursday 1 November 2012

An Excerpt from the Book of Og Mandino


I will greet this day with Love in my heart and how will I act?
I will Love all manners of men for each has qualities to be admired even though they be hidden.
With Love, I will turn down the walls of hate and in its place will I build bridges so that my Love will enter into their souls.

I will Love the ambitious... for they can inspire me
I will Love the failures... for they can teach me
I will Love the kings... for they are but human
I will Love the meek... for they are divine
I will Love the rich... for they are yet lonely
I will Love the poor... for they are so many
I will Love the young... for the faith they hold
I will Love the old... for the wisdom they share
I will Love the beautiful... for their eyes of hope
I will Love the ugly... for their souls of peace.

I will Love the light... for it shows me the way, yet
I will Love the darkness... for it shows me the stars
I will welcome happiness... for it enlarges my heart, yet
I will endure sadness... for it opens my soul
I will acknowledge rewards... for they are my due, yet
I will welcome obstacles... for they are my challenge.
                                                          ---Og Mandino

No comments:

Post a Comment