Tuesday 24 December 2013

Walk Through

Joel Osteen Ministries | Today's Word
Walk Through

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me…
Psalm 23:4, NKJV.

TODAY'S WORD:
Have you ever gone through something and felt like it was the valley of the shadow of death? During the tough times, it’s easy to get discouraged. But I love what it says in today’s verse, “though I walk through…”


No matter what you are facing today, know this: you are not alone, and you are just walking through. You don’t have to stop and live in the tough times! They are only temporary. I encourage you today; don’t allow fear to paralyze you in the middle of “the valley of the shadow of death.” Remember, God is with you. He is walking beside you. He is strengthening you. He is making a way of escape for you. He is lining up people and situations to bring you out of that tough place into a place of strength and victory.


Today, don’t give up! Press on and walk through! Start to get a vision of your life on the other side. See yourself more loving, more faithful, stronger and more blessed than ever before. As you keep moving forward and walking through, you will get to the other side and walk in the victory God has prepared for you!

PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for walking with me even in the hard times. I trust that You are taking me through my circumstances to a place of victory and strength in Jesus’ name. Amen.

PS...

“Listen! I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together.” (Revelation 3:20 CEV)
When I was a kid, my mom fed me SpaghettiOs. I thought it was the best food ever! Then I discovered In-N-Out burgers. I then went from the good life to thebetter life. SpaghettiOs were good, but a juicy In-N-Out burger is much better.
You might think you have a good life right now, but if you could have an even better life, wouldn’t you want to know about it?
Unfortunately, what keeps us from grabbing hold of that better life is an irrational sense of self-sufficiency. We think we’re doing fine on our own.
Psalm 10:4 says it like this: “The wicked people are too proud. They do not look for God; there is no room for God in their thoughts” (NCV).
Just like the innkeeper in the first Christmas story (Luke 2), we don’t believe we need more guests. We think we have everything we need. 
There’s only one problem with that arrogance: You miss the very reason God created you. God made you so that you might have a relationship with him. You’ll never fulfill his purpose for your life, which is far grander and more significant than you ever imagined, unless you are plugged in to God, your true power source. 
But the good news is that it’s not too late. You can have a relationship with him no matter what has happened in your past, no matter how many times you’ve rejected him before.
God made it so simple that anyone can understand. It’s only three words: Invite him in.
Jesus said, “Listen! I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together” (Revelation 3:20 CEV).
Jesus is knocking at your door. Take hold of the better life by letting him into your life. Make him the boss of your life.
It’ll change everything.
Talk It Over
  • In what ways has pride kept you from experiencing God’s better life for you?
  • What are some good activities in your life that have crowded out your relationship with Jesus?
  • What does it mean to have a boss in a particular area of your life? What does it mean to make Jesus the “boss” of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment