Tuesday 11 February 2014

Meaning of Flowers

Meg

This afternoon, I was asked by one of my colleagues where to buy a flower. I told him that he can buy a bouquet of flowers inside the Hero Market just beside our office. I knew it because I bought one for my little student at Kidzone on her birthday last year. Like her, I loved flowers more than chocolates. I felt the ‘feeling' of so special the first time I received it 19 years ago. It was a three lovely red roses from my friends. It was unexpected birthday gift and indeed, so highly appreciated among the gifts that I received.  

I was happy to hear that he was too lovable to his girlfriend knowing that he was able to pre-plan something for the coming Valentine’s day or so to speak Heart’s Day. However, it seemed that it was not the case. For him, it was just a waste of money considering that it’s so expensive especially the month of February. Well I want to point out that it’s just only once a year.

Imagine how much will it cost to buy flowers? Let’s say RM50. It cost only RM0.137 for 365 days, multiply by 2 for her birthday, or times 3 for Christmas. Flowers might fade but it’s the single moment that matter most. It’s like buying some coffee in Starbucks once in a while. It might be expensive compare to ordinary coffee yet it was the meeting, get togetherness, the talking, the listening, the sharing, the bonding… that’s priceless. Giving is a blessing, an opportunity to express love. I realized that it’s better to give and to receive than no one to receive any more.

I myself, give flowers too. I am happier to see people happy receiving flowers. Like my grandma, I can relate to her feeling while accepting the flowers from me. She felt like she won an award, a beauty queen with a crown. Her smile was too precious and wonderful. Lasting and invaluable. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment