Wednesday 26 February 2014

Winning the Respect of Others

Joel Osteen Ministries | Today's Word
Winning the Respect of Others
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:
So that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders…
1 Thessalonians 4:12, NIV.
TODAY'S WORD:
When others look at your life, what do they see? Does your daily life win the respect of others? As believers, we are Christ’s representatives in the earth. We are called to a higher standard. The way we live our lives should bring glory to God the Father.
Notice this verse doesn’t say, “Go out of your way to do something major so that everyone will respect you.” It doesn’t say, “Win a gold medal or Pulitzer prize so that people will glorify your Father in heaven.” No, it says that your daily life should win the respect of others. That simply means to always take the high road and live a life of excellence. It means doing the right thing even when no one is looking. It means finding common ground in order to be a peacemaker. It means going out with an attitude of faith and thanksgiving.
Remember, you will become like whomever you spend the most time with. If you are committed to spending time with God the Father every day, you’ll develop His character. You’ll win the respect of outsiders and bring glory to your Father in heaven!
PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Father, today I dedicate every area of my mind, will and emotions to You today. Help me live my daily life as an example of Your love. Let me honor You in all I do so that my daily life wins the respect of others in Jesus’ name! Amen.

PS... 

“The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” Galatians 5:6 (NIV)
Lasting love doesn’t just extend grace; it expresses faith. Faith and love are intertwined because love is built on trust. It says, “I believe in you. I trust you. I have confidence in you.”
You cannot love someone you don’t trust. So if you’re going to love somebody, you have to not only extend him grace; you have to express faith. The Bible says,“Love ... never stops believing.” 1 Corinthians 13:7b (GW). The New International Version says love “always trusts.” The New Living Translation says love “never loses faith.”
To be trusted is the greatest gift you can give somebody. When I was just 25 years old and living in Fort Worth, Texas, God put this crazy idea in my mind. I told Kay, “Honey, I think God wants us to move to Southern California and start a church. Here’s the problem: We don’t have any money, we don’t have any members, we don’t have any buildings, we don’t have any sponsors, I don’t know anybody in this city, and I’ve never been a senior pastor before. What do you think?”
I’ll never forget what my wife said to me: “It scares me to death. But I believe in God, and I believe in you, so let’s go for it.”
I’ve often wondered how history would be different if my wife had said “No. I’m afraid. Let’s not do it.” There would be no Saddleback Church or 20,000 people baptized in the last 10 years. There would be no “Purpose Driven Life” or peace Plan. There would be no half a million pastors trained in a 162 countries. Our lives would be very different.
Wives, your husband is dying for you to say, “I trust you.” It is more important than saying, “I love you” because when you say, “I trust you,” you are saying, “I love you” — because love always trusts.
The Bible says in Galatians 5:6, “The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” (NIV). Why? Because life is all about learning how to love. Lasting love extends grace and expresses faith.
Talk It Over
  • In whom do you need to express trust this week?
  • What are ways you can show someone and not just say that you trust him or her?
  • What are the fears that keep you from fully trusting in someone you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment