Saturday 22 February 2014

You Can Handle It!

Joel Osteen Ministries | Today's Word
You Can Handle It!
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:
Let him take hold of My strength, that he may make peace with Me…
Isaiah 27:5, NKJV.
TODAY'S WORD:
Isaiah said, “Take hold of His strength.” When you make this declaration, “I can handle it,” that’s not just being positive. You’re taking hold of strength. When you say it, you’re getting stronger. That’s why the scripture says, “Let the weak say, ‘I am strong.’” If you’re always talking about the problem saying, “I can’t stand this job.” “This professor is so difficult. I’ll never pass his course.” “My loved one didn’t make it. I don’t know what I’m going to do.” All that does is drain you. When you talk defeat, strength is leaving. Energy is leaving. Creativity is leaving. Don’t let those things overwhelm you. You are not a victim; you are a victor!
No matter what comes your way, you can handle it! You are ready for it and equal to it. If you will stay in agreement with God, He will take what is meant for your harm and use it to your advantage. That difficulty won’t defeat you. It will promote you into the life of blessing and victory He has in store for you!
PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy in my life. Thank You for giving me the strength to handle anything that comes my way. I love You and receive Your empowerment in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

PS...

“Stupid people express their anger openly, but sensible people are patient and hold it back.” Proverbs 29:11 (GNT)
Have you noticed you can’t put your foot in your mouth when it’s closed?
Proverbs 29:11 says, “Stupid people express their anger openly, but sensible people are patient and hold it back” (GNT). One of the best tools for anger management is delay. Just wait a minute! Don’t respond right away to that email that upset you. When someone says something mean to you, walk away if you have to.
This verse is basically the biblical basis for the term, “Chill out!” When you start to get angry, give yourself time to chill out. Take time to think and reflect. Delay is a great remedy to anger.
What do you do during the delay? There are three questions you need to ask when you’re reflecting before reacting:
“Why am I angry?” The problem is not your anger. Anger is a symptom. Anger is the warning light.
“What do I really want?” What is it that you’re not getting? What is the need that’s being unfulfilled in your life?
“How can I get it?” How can you get what you want from what’s irritating you? I guarantee you blowing up and losing your cool is not the best way to get what you want.
When something ticks you off or makes you mad, the Bible says to first resolve to manage it, then remember the cost of losing your temper, and then reflect before reacting.
Talk It Over
  • What character traits or features do you notice about people who are easily angered?
  • What do you think you should do with your answer to the question, “How can I get what I really want?”
  • How could remembering the cost of anger help you reflect before reacting?

No comments:

Post a Comment