Saturday 3 January 2015

Reflection =)

written by Meg

Reading the story of Moses in the book of Exodus reminds me that God Himself has its own reason why He allowed things to happen. God is in control of everything and I believe on that. God himself is more powerful than the Pharaoh. He can change his heart so many times at an instant not to release the Israelites nevertheless, at the end the God’s chosen people (Israelites) successfully made its way out of Egypt.

Relating to what I read and recalling the past, I know God has powerfully in control of everything. It was in the year 2008, he planned to marry me the next year 2009 and officially get my parents permission. Honestly, I was not that much prepared enough for a responsibility as high as a pastor’s wife. He told me to ‘take it or leave it’. It was a command; an imperative question that requires a decision that will change my life. At the end I said ‘Yes’ because of the fact that it’s a blessing to be one and to be with the one who can love God more than me.

Days passed by and things have changed. The one who’s leading got lost its compass and nowhere to be found. However, the ship preferred to move on its way; sailed in its way through the deepest and darkest of the night for 40 days and that changed her life forever. The journey was too profound to explain yet too simple to understand.

Realizing the goodness of the wind, it went too far to the places the ship never been and cannot imagine. She never sunk but continues to float and surf in the midst of high tides, tidal waves and even tsunamis. Storms and typhoons test her durability and strength. How can a ship be tested during the sunny day or fine day? The kindness of peace prevails her time to gain energy and strength to master each day to become a better ship, much better than before.

I am grateful for the nature that taught me the essence of time through patience; to know the deeper meaning of love and selflessness. I came to appreciate and understand myself; what I want in life, the person I want in life too and how to spend it generously with or without him by my side.

The love of God has taught me what eternity means. It cannot be measured and so as love. If a man doesn't know how to become a man, he must seek it for himself to learn it unselfishly. According to Joshua Harris, ‘always set your standard high’ because you were bought with a high price, immeasurable; the child of the Most High. The same goes with us as a woman not only for man. The kind of love and life are a living testimony that everyone can see; a visible legacy that can pass on to succeeding generations to come, continuously. Never ends.


Loving and believing that God is in control in our lives means trusting Him more than ourselves. If circumstances and opportunity prevail, act on it. One thing I learned, whether I succeed or I failed, at least I tried. No what ifs and no regrets. The greatest learning curve cannot be experienced instantly on top of the mountain but in the journey of deepest valleys. Along this expedition, I came to meet both courage and responsibility, two of the most precious gems I have collected. Earned through time. I possessed. I highly owned. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment