Tuesday 17 March 2015

A good look at life =)

A good look at life

 0  46 googleplus1  12 
A circulating piece from the web tells this story:
At a senior’s center in Florida, a group of “Seasoned Citizens” were sitting around and talking about their ailments.
“My arms are so weak I can hardly lift this cup of coffee,” said one.
“Yes, I know. My cataracts are so bad I can’t even see my coffee,” complained another.
“I can’t turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck,” said a third, to which several nodded weakly in agreement.
“My blood pressure pills make me dizzy,” one more added.
“I guess that’s the price we pay for getting old,” winced an old man as he shook his head.
Business ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch:“I guess that’s the price we pay for getting old,” winced an old man as he shook his head.
Then there was a short moment of silence...
“Well, it’s not that bad,” said one woman cheerfully. “Thank God we can all still drive.”
Everybody grows old. The important thing is how we deal with it. Age today is no longer demographics, it is psychographics. More people are living older. In the senior stage of life, people need to take a good look at life in order to live it correctly.
The following piece is another great material that circulates the internet. This is a letter that was written by an 83-year-old woman to her friend.
Dear Bertha,
I’m reading more and dusting less. I’m sitting in the yard and admiring the view without fussing about the weeds in the garden. I’m spending more time with my family and friends and less time working. Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of experiences to savor, not to endure. I’m trying to recognize these moments now and cherish them. I’m not “saving” anything.
We use our good china and crystal for every special event such as losing a pound, getting the sink unstopped, or the first Amaryllis blossom. I wear my good blazer to the market. I’m not saving my good perfume for special parties, but wearing it for clerks in the hardware store and tellers at the bank.
“Someday” and “one of these days” are losing their grip on my vocabulary. If it’s worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it now.
I’m not sure what others would’ve done had they known they wouldn’t be here for the tomorrow that we all take for granted. I think they would have called family members and a few close friends. They might have called a few former friends to apologize and mend fences for past squabbles. I like to think they would have gone out for a Chinese dinner or for whatever their favorite food was. I’m guessing; I’ll never know.
It’s those little things left undone that would make me angry if I knew my hours were limited. Angry because I hadn’t written certain letters that I intended to write one of these days. Angry and sorry that I didn’t tell my husband and parents often enough how much I truly love them. I’m trying very hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything that would add laughter and luster to our lives. And every morning when I open my eyes, I tell myself that it is special. Every day, every minute, every breath truly is a gift from God.
Careers or businesses or other things considered as priorities are no longer as important in this stage of life.
Life is a gift from God. Learn to live it well.
Take care of your family; love them and show your affection because it means a lot to them.
What about friends? People say friends must always hold hands, but true friends don’t need to hold hands because they know that the other hand will always be there.
The life God intended for us is good, but the road ahead is full of challenges and obstacles. That’s why we need friends and they need us, too.
Heed this quote from Jeanne C. Stein, “Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we may as well dance.”


Read more: http://www.philstar.com/business/2014/12/13/1402046/good-look-life#ixzz3UeBY6HyD
Follow us: @PhilstarNews on Twitter | philstarnews on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment