Tuesday 13 August 2013

Just Ask

 
Just Ask
Today's Scripture:
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7, NIV.
Today's Word:
What do you need from God today? A lot of times, it’s easy to think that we’re not supposed to ask for too much, but scripture encourages us to go to God with all of our needs. He longs to give you the desires of your heart and pour out His favor and blessing on you. In fact, Jesus said, “You have not because you ask not.”
Anytime you step out and ask for God’s favor, blessing or increase, you are exercising your faith. When you do pray, make sure there isn’t anything in your heart that would block that faith. Begin your prayers by surrendering every thought and attitude to the Lord. Ask Him to purify your motives and show you if there is any unforgiveness in your life. When you surrender everything to the Lord, it opens the door for Him to move on your behalf. Today, surrender all to Him and ask for whatever you need. Let Him pour out His favor and blessing on every area of your life.
Prayer for Today:
Father, I humbly come to You and surrender every area of my heart and life. I ask that You pour out Your favor and blessing on me so that I can be a greater blessing to others in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
***
Just Do Something                    
14 hours ago
“Give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God.” (Romans 6:13 NLT)
 
How do you start using the spiritual gifts God put inside of you? Here are four ways to get started:

1. Discover your gifts.
You’ve got to know what they are before you can use them. You have to stop neglecting the fact that inside of you are some dormant gifts that you’re not even using. The Bible says in 1 Timothy 4:14, “Do not neglect the spiritual gift that is in you” (GN). You’ve got to figure out what God has put in you.

2. Dedicate your gifts to God.
The Bible says in Romans 6:13, “Give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God” (NLT).
Some of you already know what you’re good at; you’re just not using it for the Lord. You’re using it for yourself. You need to humble yourself and dedicate to the Lord every gift you have. Push all of your excuses out of the way, and say, “God, I dedicate what you gave to me back to you.”

3. Develop your gifts.
Gifts are like muscles: The more you use them, the bigger they get. You can strengthen and develop and grow what God has given you. Any gift that God gives you can and should be developed. You get better at it by practice, studying, and learning from other people who have the same gift.

Let me give you a little secret: I’ve learned that when God gives you something, he will give you even more of it if you use it well — more talent, money, fame, relationships, or responsibility. When you use what God gives you and you use it well, he says, “I can trust that person. I’m going to give him or her more and more and more.”

4. Deploy your spiritual gifts.
“Deploy” means to put into service. You get out on the field, and you start doing something. Romans 12:6 says this: “We are to use our different gifts in accordance with the grace that God has given us. If our gift is to speak God’s message, we should do it according to the faith that we have” (TEV).

What’s the best way to practice and develop and deploy and dedicate and discover your spiritual gifts? In a small group. It’s a testing ground! If you are not in a small group, I encourage you to get connected to one this week so that you can test and develop your spiritual gifts in the safe and supportive environment of friends who will encourage you.
Would you pray this prayer today? “Thank you, God, for forgetting everything I’ve ever done wrong. I’m putting my trust in your grace. Today I accept your free gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ because of what he did for me. I know I can’t earn my way to Heaven. I accept this free gift of your Spirit into my life. Live through me, and fill me with your love and joy and peace and patience. God, I accept the gift of special abilities you put in my life. Help me to develop them, discover them, dedicate them, and use them to be the person you made me to be. In Jesus' name. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment