Sunday 17 August 2014

Overcome the "What If's"

Joel Osteen Ministries | Today's Word
Overcome the "What If's"
TODAY'S SCRIPTURE:
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7, NLT.
TODAY'S WORD:
God’s desire is that we continually progress, that we reach higher heights and go to new levels in Him. Oftentimes, as soon as we make the decision to step out in faith and obey God, the enemy brings in fear to try to stop us. He’ll bring thoughts like, “What if you fail? What are other people going to think? You don’t have what it takes.” He’ll do his best to use fear to try to convince us to shrink back and stay where we are.
The Bible says that fear is a spirit. It plays on our emotions and holds us back. But the good news is that we have power over the spirit of fear! The Bible says that perfect love casts out all fear. When we receive God’s perfect love, we will have confidence about the future because we know His plans are for our good. I’ve heard it said that fear is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real. Understand that fear is a lie. Don’t buy the lie. Instead, choose to believe God’s Word and receive His love so that you can overcome fear and move forward into the blessings He has prepared for you!
PRAYER FOR TODAY:
Father, thank You for giving me power, love and a sound mind. I open my heart to You and receive Your perfect love. Fill me with Your confidence and assurance to embrace everything You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

God Says You Are Forgiven

BY RICK WARREN — AUGUST 16, 2014
devotional-you-make-me-crazy-banner
“I am the God who forgives your sins, and I do this because of who I am. I will not hold your sins against you.” (Isaiah 43:25 TEV)
Some of us, even though we’re believers, think that whenever we’re having problems, God is getting even with us, that he’s just trying to get back at us. 
It’s like the guy who was driving up to a mountain lake. On the way up it starts snowing, so he gets out to put chains on his tires. While he’s doing this, another car comes along and slams into his car, and he watches in horror as his car goes over a cliff.
He continues up the mountain on foot in the snow and sleet, and he’s getting sick from the cold. Then, as he rounds a corner, he sees that his cabin has burned down. He cries out, asking, “Why me, God?” The heavens part, and a voice says, “Because some people just tick me off.”
Some of you may think that is the way God feels about you. You think that whenever you’ve got a problem, God is ticked off. But the Bible says, “I am the God who forgives your sins, and I do this because of who I am. I will not hold your sins against you” (Isaiah 43:25 TEV).
God doesn’t hold a grudge. If you have received Jesus as your Savior, then there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. God doesn’t rehearse it; he releases it. He doesn’t rub it in. He rubs it out!
Talk It Over
  • What do you think is the cause of the problems you’ve been blaming on God?
  • Why do you think bad things happen to “good” people?
What are some of the characteristics of God that you have seen him display in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment