Tuesday 12 August 2014

Reprogram Your Life for Greatness

Today's Word with Joel and Victoria
Like Us On FacebookWatch Us On YouTubeFollow Victoria On TwitterFollow Joel On Twitter
Reprogram Your Life
for Greatness
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. ...”
(Romans 12:2, NIV)
TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
My father grew up in a very poor environment. His parents lost everything during the Great Depression. He had no money, no education and no future to speak of. He had been programmed with poverty, defeat and mediocrity. He could have settled there. That’s all he had seen. He could have thought, “Hey, this is just my lot in life. We’re just poor, defeated people.” But at 17 years old when he gave his life to Christ, he started reprogramming his thinking. Deep down something said, “You were made for more than this. You’re not supposed to constantly struggle, to barely make it through life.” He could feel those seeds of greatness stirring on the inside. His attitude was, “This may be where I am, but this is not who I am. I may be in defeat, but I am not defeated. I’m a child of the Most High God.”
Today, no matter what has happened in your past, remember that ultimately, you can reprogram your life for greatness. You can let go of the wrong programming of the world and renew your mind according to the Word of God. Let His truth sink in so you can rise up into the greatness God has in store for you!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You that no matter what has happened in my past, You have a good plan for my future. I choose to reprogram my mind with the truth of Your Word that sets me free to live the way You intended in Jesus’ name. Amen.

PS... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLHWFpSlq4

People Pleasing Is Idolatry

BY RICK WARREN — AUGUST 11, 2014
devotional-you-make-me-crazy-banner
“I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.” (Galatians 1:10 NLT)
In life, you only have to please one person. And that is your Creator. You only have to please the Lord, the one who made you and has a purpose for your life.
That simplifies life enormously! You only need one person’s approval: God’s.
Jesus said it like this in John 5:30: “I don’t try to please myself, but I try to please the One who sent me” (NCV). He said, “I’m living for an audience of one.”
You may have never realized this, but people pleasing is a form of idolatry. The first commandment in the Ten Commandments is, “Don’t have any gods before me.” Anything you put before God becomes a god. So a boat could be a god. A career could be a god. A girlfriend could be a god. Golf could be a god. Anything that becomes number one in your life that isn’t God becomes your god.
The second commandment is, “Don’t make any idols.” Anything that replaces God in your life is an idol. Success can be an idol. Money can be an idol. Sex can be an idol. A relationship can become an idol. If that relationship to your girlfriend, your wife, your boss, or your friend is more important than God, it’s an idol.
When you are a people pleaser, you have allowed something other than God to take first place. All of a sudden it becomes god in your life, because their opinion matters more than God’s opinion. What they think of you matters. You don’t want to tell them you’re a Christian because they might think less of you. You don’t want them to know you go to church because they may not like you. At that point, you have another god in your life. You have an idol.
You only have to please one person. Paul says in Galatians 1:10, “I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant” (NLT).
Talk About It
  • What in your life have you made your idol?
  • What does that idol offer that God does not? What does God offer that your idol does not?

No comments:

Post a Comment