Wednesday 6 June 2018

God’s Plan for Saving Sinners


PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
His Story Your Story
 
CURRENT TV SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
His Story Your Story
 
 
 
He said to him a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” He said to him, “Tend my sheep.”

--John 21:16

I was talking to a high school football coach once and he said something that I loved. He said, “You know, anybody can coach winners.” And he’s right.

Anyone can coach the kids who do what you tell them. But it takes a special kind of coach to coach kids who don’t always do it the right way. And nobody understands this truth better than Jesus.

For instance, Jesus knew that Simon Peter would deny him and make all kinds of mistakes in those final hours before his crucifixion. But Jesus refused to let Simon Peter live in defeat.

After his resurrection, Jesus found him and coached him through his failure. Note how that conversation didn’t browbeat him or say, “I told you so.” No! Jesus asked Peter a simple, but all-important question, “Do you love me?”

Jesus helped Simon Peter remember what’s really important. Jesus helped him move beyond his failure and get on with ministry! And that’s what Jesus does for you and me when we fail. If you love Jesus, get over yourself and get on with serving him!

Jesus is never going to give up on you. Don’t give up on yourself. Let Jesus restore you today to himself and to his work.

IF YOU LOVE JESUS, GET OVER YOURSELF AND GET ON WITH SERVING HIM!

God’s Plan for Saving Sinners

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”
John 6:35–37

Dr. John Rice told of witnessing to an elderly man after a funeral. The man had raised his hand to indicate that he was not saved, and when Dr. Rice asked him why not, he explained that he did not know how to be saved. After they talked for a few minutes, Dr. Rice explained it this way: “God furnished the Saviour and you furnish the sinner.” He later recounted, “He looked up to me startled and then his eyes lightened and he began to chuckle while the tears still ran down his gray, beard-stubbled face. ‘Well, I can certainly furnish the sinner, if He is willing to furnish the Saviour,’ he said.”
So many people are working and struggling in an effort to procure salvation. They do certain things and avoid others, hoping to gain merit and favor with God. They live with fear hanging over their heads that they will somehow miss out despite their efforts. In reality, all of us fail to measure up to God’s perfect standard of holiness. But the solution to that is not for us to do more or to do better. It is to turn from our sin and accept God’s free offer of salvation. Jesus illustrated this truth by holding up the simple faith of children as our model. “Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein” (Luke 18:17).
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
Jesus has done everything necessary for us to be saved—all we must do is claim His offer in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment