Friday 15 June 2018

God’s plan for you.

PowerPoint Today - Daily Devotional with Pastor Jack Graham
 
CURRENT RADIO SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
His Story Your Story
 
CURRENT TV SERIES Play Today's Broadcast
His Story Your Story
 
 
 
…  “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Let my people go, that they may hold a feast to me in the wilderness.’”

--Exodus 5:1

When Moses stood before Pharaoh and spoke those famous words, "Let my people go," he was revealing the heart of God toward you and me. Did you know that?

God's plan is for us to be truly free. He wants us to be liberated by his Spirit to serve him. But here’s the challenge. As soon as we determine for ourselves to go with God and to live in the freedom made possible by Jesus Christ, the enemy goes to work. Satan’s primary goal is to keep you enslaved. That’s it.

Now, in Scripture, Pharaoh is an illustration of the devil. Pharaoh was a murderer and a liar. He never intended to let the children of Israel go free. Instead, he offered Moses compromises and negotiations. He told Moses, "Go ahead and sacrifice to your God.”

And in this same way, the devil will say to you, "Go ahead and be religious... go to church, that's fine. But just stay in Egypt." Right now there are countless church members who think they’re free, but spiritually, they’re still living in Egypt.

Listen. Satan’s plan is to keep you enslaved, but God offers you victory and freedom. Come out of the world and get under the liberating blood of Jesus Christ today!

GOD’S PLAN IS FOR US TO BE TRULY FREE.

The Damage of Wounding Words

by Dr. Paul Chappell
“There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness. There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up. There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.”
Proverbs 30:12–14

I came across a powerful description that someone wrote of one of the most serious problems that undermines the effectiveness and unity of so many churches: “My name is Gossip. I have no respect for justice. I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives. I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age. The more I am quoted, the more I am believed. My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and face. To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I am nobody’s friend. Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same. I topple governments and wreck marriages. I make headlines and headaches. I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches, and indigestion. I make innocent people cry in their pillows. Even my name hisses. I am called Gossip.”
The words that we speak to and about others have enormous power, and we are going to one day answer to God for the words we have chosen to carelessly utter. “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment” (Matthew 12:36). Every Christian should make a deliberate and intentional effort to make sure that his speech is uplifting. This is equally true whether we are speaking to someone or about them. There are many things that even if true should not be spread to damage or destroy the reputation of others.
 
Today’s Growth Principle: 
Use your words to strengthen, encourage, and build up others rather than tear them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment