Friday 15 February 2013

Chapters Preview



by Meg

I don’t usually go to a coffee shop not unless I will be invited by a friend for a small talk. But last time, I needed to because the internet connection at home was not functioning well. Just the same, I have to finish my part on our business plan by looking for a potential place of investment in the near future.

As I approached one of the coffee drinkers inside the shop who was using her laptop, I asked her whether she can connect to the wifi.  She told me that she was using another wireless line. I made an inquiry at the counter and I came to know that the entire Damansara area including some part of Petaling Jaya was disconnected.  Instead of feeling upset, I was so grateful that I had a great time talking with a new friend sitting next to me.  She’s Ms. Ho, a marketing executive dealing with corporate gifts, customized gifts and souvenirs.

For about an hour, our conversation was really amazing as if we have known each other for quite some time.  I also shared with her my blog and she considered it as one of her favorite links so that she will remember me. I imparted on her a story that sounds amazing to her and I felt so happy. Because of the feedback, I would like to include that story to one of the chapters of my book to be published someday.

We ended the conversation with a hug as I waved goodbye. My group mates Joanne and Shirley were waiting for me to come home to finalize our assignment. Thanks to Joanne for sharing her wifi at home; at last, we finally consolidated everything and ready for review.

That night, Joanne invited me for a cup of coffee before going home. Inside the restaurant, we both decided to have a water melon instead of coffee. As the conversation went by, I shared with her another chapter of my book. She said, it was very inspiring and quite unusual. Recalling everything from the moment I started sharing with her every details on that chapter, I cannot imagine how God’s handiwork intricately and amazingly done. Unfathomable but definitely magnificent as the time goes by. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment