Tuesday 30 July 2013

Just a simple thought


It’s been a long time that I didn’t write anything from my blog. Anyway, just want to share my thoughts on (1) Do I believe in God? (2) Why God created man and woman? Two of the questions that my colleague asked me recently.

Biblically speaking, I believed in God by faith. The One who created everything --- all that we see, feel, hear, smell and taste. He created heaven, earth, trees, mountains and animals.  What amazed me most… when He made the first man on Earth.  Tough. Brilliant. Powerful. I’m pretty so sure… he’s so handsome too. However, when God noticed that he’s so sad and lonely, He fashioned the first woman from the rib of a man (Genesis 2:22) while he was sleeping. Imagine how beautiful she was. Soft. Passionate. Submissive.

In the same way, both of them was intricately designed by God. Equally but totally unique. In many books that I’ve read about man and woman, I found out that understanding both man and woman is simply appreciating their own differences and similarities. What interesting about the fact was that they both complement with each other.

God created the first man and woman for them to worship Him. It’s the primary reason and because God alone cannot worship Himself, He decided to shape two individuals in His likeness. Imagine if you’re a dad or a mom, would you prefer to have a child or not. Of course, everyone preferred to have kids where we can show our love, generosity and care to them. In the same way, for us also to feel their love, appreciation, support and concern that these young individuals portrayed just exactly the same as we are.

Indeed, it’s nice to know how great and artistic our God is. If there are two things I want to ask from God, (1) is that, if all His creations will be going to heaven one day, will they still be forever young or old? (2) will they still recognize each other? This might be an endless questions but all I know, heaven is happiness. =)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment