Thursday 4 July 2013

The Keys to Freedom


The Keys to Freedom

Today's Scripture:

I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
Revelation 1:18, NIV.

Today's Word:

Have you ever been locked out of your car or house? It can be very frustrating and inconvenient. Not having the right keys can keep you stuck and unproductive. It steals your time and can steal your peace and joy if you let it.

On a spiritual level, we need keys to access what God has for us—eternal life, peace, freedom and blessing. But we don’t have to stand on the outside living in frustration. Jesus holds the keys, and He has opened the way for us to walk from death to life. We don’t have to live in defeat, mediocrity, sickness, sin or any kind of bondage any longer. We have access to the abundant life Jesus came to give!

Today, if you feel stuck, locked out or defeated, remember Jesus is the one who holds the keys to your freedom. All you have to do is call on His name and He will answer. He promises to hear you and deliver you. Receive His salvation, receive hope, and receive the freedom and victory He came to give.

Prayer for Today:

Father, today I come boldly to You. Thank You for giving me life through Your Son, Jesus. I surrender every area of my heart to You and ask that You make me whole and complete. Set me free and teach me to walk in Your ways in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
***
 
 
                                   
“Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.” (Luke 12:31 NLT)
God’s will for your life is good, pleasing, and perfect. But you’ve got to have a worldview shift that transforms and renews the mind.
Jesus said in Luke 12:31, “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.” You cannot have two number ones in your life. So what’s going to be one and what’s going to be two? God says to put him first. Put him number one in your life, and he’ll take care of the rest.
Several years ago I spoke at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Two thousand of the brightest people in the world were brought in to discuss the conditions of the world with this theme: “Committed to improving the state of the world.” There’s only one problem. When you remove God from the picture, all you’ve got left is politics. That has failed for the last 100 years. You’re not going to solve the state of the world until you first deal with the souls of people. You can’t legislate change. You can’t force people to change. You can’t make a law that makes people be nice to each other. They have to change their worldview.
People need God. And they need truth. They’ve built their houses on shifting sand, and when the crisis comes they’re going, “Where’s the hope?” They’re like a group of people who’ve been walking across the Sahara Desert for weeks without water. Their throat is parched and their lips are cracked, and they’re going, “Would somebody please give me a drink of living water? Will somebody please show me how my life can have meaning and significance and purpose? I’m successful, but I don’t feel significant.”
We have what they need. We have the Living Water of God’s truth that refreshes and restores and rejuvenates and revitalizes and changes our lives. We have the message. We have to know what we believe and why we believe it, share it, and then live it.
That, friends, will change the world.
Would you pray this prayer today? “Dear God, thank you that you have given us truth on which to build our lives. I want to learn the truth. I want to discern what is false. I want to turn from the world to the Word. I want to concern myself with your agenda and what you’re doing in the world. Help me to know what I believe and then help me to live what I believe. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment